Analyst, Market Risk, Asia Pacific, GRM
- Local Package per market in SGD
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank of Nova Scotia
- 12 Feb 18 2018-02-12
The incumbent will be responsible for assisting the Market Risk team within Asia Pacific region across wide spectrum of products including Group Treasury, Prime Services, Fixed Income, Foreign Exchange and Commodities. The individual will report to Director and Head of Market Risk, Asia Pacific.
- Champion a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursue effective and efficient operations of respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Champion a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
- Business Relationship: Assist Market Risk Officers to ensure proper support is provided on a day-to-day basis in developing effective relationships with business lines that fosters awareness of the Bank's risk framework and sharing of information.
- Market Intelligence/Proactive Analysis: Maintain regular dialogue with market risk officers across the region and different business lines with respect to market developments and risk matters, including changes in risk profile and P&L drivers.
- Responding to Requests/Events: Work closely with Market Risk Officers to develop effective risk-reward decisions by providing independent opinion on new business initiatives, including calibrating risk limits in alignment with the Bank's risk appetite framework. Support the Regional Risk Management team with ad hoc risk related projects as required.
- Valuation: Ensure portfolios are accurately valued through analysis of daily P&L results and preparation of daily market risk reports.
- Communication: Distilling daily risk/market information into highlights, ensuring material issues are communicated to stakeholders. Communicate analysis verbally, in writing, and in presentation settings to all levels of management. Effectively communicate with the team regarding relevant credit statistics of the customer base.
- People Management: Build collaborative relationships with relevant stakeholders to help build businesses and develop relationships in a prudent manner.
- University graduate with interest in Risk Management
- Strong Communication Skills
- Keen interest in capital markets
- Understanding of derivatives valuation and risk sensitivities
- Creative thinker that works well within a team and also independently on projects