Analyst, Investment Services Platform Team
As a global investment manager, we help institutions, intermediaries and individuals meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future. But as the world changes, so do our clients' needs. That's why we have a long history of adapting to suit the times and keeping our focus on what matters most to our clients.
Doing this takes experience and expertise. We bring together people and data to spot the trends that will shape the future. This provides a unique perspective which allows us to always invest with conviction. We are responsible for £700.4 billion (€815.8 billion/US$967.5 billion)* of assets for our clients who trust us to deliver sustainable returns. We remain determined to build future prosperity for them, and for all of society. Today, we have 5,618 people across six continents who focus on doing just this.
We are a global business that's managed locally. This allows us to always keep our clients' needs at the heart of everything we do. For over 200 years and more than seven generations we've grown and developed our expertise in tandem with our clients' needs and interests.
*as at 30 June 2021 Team Overview
The Investment Services Platform Team reports to the Investment COO with a global remit. The team provides support to the Investment teams and other groups operating on the investment platform. Investment Services Platform Team works with teams across Schroders to support both business-as-usual (BAU) operations and change. Aladdin by BlackRock Solutions (BRS) is a critical part of the investment platform. Ensuring effective communication with and governance of the relationship with BRS is a central responsibility of the Investment Services Platform team. Key Objectives
Overview of role Aladdin Accounting (40%)
- Understand business requirements and propose options that allow the Schroders Operation teams to extract the greatest value from Aladdin and Aladdin Accounting platform
- Coordinate with BRS and Schroders APAC business stakeholders to prioritise and manage BAU Aladdin queries and enhancement queue related to APAC Operations
- Be the escalation point to BRS where Aladdin platform related issue or incident occur
- Work in partnership with Schroders Technology and Operations Change functions to define and deliver functionality outside Aladdin where specific requirements / services levels cannot be met by Aladdin
- Drive scalability and efficiency improvements, reducing cost and complexity in the operating model
- Focus on data quality - ensure processes are aligned to maintain appropriate standard
- Reduce operational risk by leveraging usage of Aladdin platform
Aladdin Support for Operations (35%)
- Partner with Schroders Accounting and Performance teams operating on the investment platform, with primary focus on Aladdin Accounting. This involves establishing a deep knowledge of Aladdin Accounting functionality used by all teams and working closely with Global Technology, Operations and BRS to provide comprehensive solutions.
- Partner with BRS and Schroders business stakeholders to align Aladdin Accounting platform BAU support with the global Aladdin support model in placed.
- Maximise the benefits available in Aladdin Accounting and clearly communicate enhancements/roadmap development items where there are gaps in Aladdin capabilities which are being fulfilled through user defined tools and operational processes.
- Work in partnership with Schroders Technology and Operations Change functions on the development of any in-house built technology/decommissioning of legacy systems.
New Process, Workflow & Miscellaneous (25%)
- Support resolution of operational issues related to Aladdin platform with other process owners (both 'upstream' and 'downstream') as they arise.
- Drive the conversation with BRS to prioritise and manage BAU Aladdin queries and enhancement queue related to APAC Operations.
- Attend regular Aladdin BAU forums with Schroders business stakeholders to follow-up BAU enquiries in front of BRS.
- Manage the escalation of support issues with BRS and internal teams.
- Oversee and report performance against agreed service levels.
- Provide regular progress update to Operations regional senior stakeholders through MI reporting.
Experience and Skills
- Assist to define operating requirements for BAU, new business, new products, and new instruments with focus on Aladdin.
- Provide input into strategic platform enhancements and target operating model definition.
- Challenge thinking and innovate - identify potential efficiency gains deriving from process re-engineering/process automation & organisation structure/best use of resources.
- Promote consistency and reduce complexity across mandates and processes with a view to streamlining and reducing exceptions.
- Provide support to other areas across the team where demand dictates.
- Experience working in an asset manager or similar organisation, ideally with strong knowledge of accounting, performance, and operations processes.
- Familiarity with broad range of exchange traded and OTC investment products and instruments.
- Confidence to engage in discussions with colleagues across the investment, operations, change and technology functions. It is important to be able to challenge and direct discussions as part of this.
- Strong understanding of business processes, technology, and data management as part of the investment lifecycle.
- Problem solving ability within a complex environment.
- Ability to negotiate pragmatic solutions that meet conflicting business requirements.
- Good technical knowledge and ability to translate between IT and the business.
- Ability to define and document business requirements to a high standard. Experience with the appropriate methods and tools (i.e., BPML/UML hosting workshops, process flows, Visio).
- Experience of full project life cycle including defining user requirements, defining test scenarios and user acceptance testing.
- Strong inter-personal and organisational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to operate under pressure and deliver to demanding deadlines.
- Experience with Aladdin and Aladdin Accounting is preferred.
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.