Singapore, Singapore Grade:
10 ( for internal purposes only ) The Role:
Platts Analytics is looking for an energy analyst to join the team to focus on APAC and Middle East hydrogen as well a broader focus on low carbon - given their great potential as drivers of the Energy Transition. This team member will play a pivotal role in directing Platts Analytics' APAC & ME low carbon fuels market outlooks (particularly hydrogen), exploring pathways, and tracking developmental signposts. The work involves analyzing energy technologies, developing forecasts, writing commentary, and developing analytical tools, research and models that underpin our client offering. You will provide market insights leveraging your strong modelling skills and knowledge of APAC/ME policy drivers and global hydrogen markets, hydrogen supply and demand balances, and growth-edge hydrogen - including leading technologies around hydrogen carriers such as ammonia.
This role will report to the Hydrogen and Low Carbon Fuels manager - towards the development of fully integrated energy outlooks. Analysts work individually and in teams to conduct research, consolidating the results into analysis that are complete, accurate, and cogent. Analysts also support managers in meetings and discussions with clients and with time, independently. Analysts also will attend outside events and conferences on behalf of the organization. The Impact:
Platts Analytics is a global team responsible for analyzing, interpreting, and forecasting all global energy commodities markets and prices. Our customers represent a wide range of activities across the energy industry and, as a result, our analysis is reviewed and challenged from many different perspectives.
You will play a key role in supporting Platts Analytics' services and could also play a role in driving growth for clients interested in understanding this rapidly growing space. The Career Opportunity:
You will a key element of Platts Analytics' Future Energy Outlooks offering. In addition, there will be opportunity to contribute to an emerging global brand and to take part in customer-facing activities, including webinars and conference presentations. You will have the opportunity to be representing Platts Analytics Future Energy Outlooks expertise and commitment to quality research in Asia. The Team / The Business:
You will be part of the Future Energy Outlooks team which comprises international specialists providing clients with key insights to understand and manage the risks and opportunities around long term energy trends and the energy transition. FEO's four primary research disciplines are: pathways, signpost, footprints, and outlooks. Responsibilities:
Knowledge & Skills:
- Understand the key technologies and policies impacting the trajectory of the hydrogen market in APAC and Middle East. Identify critical emerging regional and global trends.
- Model and report on the cost trajectories of key hydrogen generation technologies, including hydrocarbon and power-based pathways.
- Detailed focus on hydrogen supply & demand balances - including trends in consumption, drivers of uptake, factors impacting supply, and global trade.
- Identify key developments around the interface of hydrogen and incumbent energy commodities - i.e. oil, coal, and natural gas displacement - including understanding supply chain costs and pathways to enable Hydrogen to compete with fossil fuels.
- Follow and model trends with key hydrogen end-use technologies, including: chemicals production, steel production, power storage, transportation, and refining
- Explore development around key hydrogen and other low carbon carriers - primarily ammonia.
- Harness existing data sets, identify new, valuable data sets for collection and analysis and conduct rigorous reviews of the quality of that information. Research, collect, organize, standardize, process, relevant data
- Work with other Analytics teams, as well as the data/modelling teams, to ensure alignment of assumptions and analysis approaches
- Deliver succinct and high-quality written content that demonstrates the expertise outlined above.
- Create charts, graphs and other visually valuable content that illustrates the trends Platts' customers need to follow.
- Engage with customers, market experts, and potential customers in your region.
- Engage with teams across Platts to ensure cohesive and integrated hydrogen energy system outlooks.
- Share insights and liaison with key modelers in power, petchems, oil, and gas teams to ensure consistency of assumptions and drivers.
- Represent Platts Analytics' expertise and commitment to quality in S&P Global initiatives in Asia.
S&P Global Platts
- Strong team player able to collaborate across teams, commodities and geographies
- Proven experience in understanding dynamics around hydrogen technologies, including Hydrogen and other low carbon carrier production and end-use.
- Knowledge of key financial metrics and tools of economics (NPV, IRR, elasticity, markets)
- Exhibit a keen interest for the energy industry and a problem-solving/solutions-oriented attitude.
- Ability to tackle problems, be innovative and take independent action is key.
- Strong communication skills, including: active listening; concise written style, and the ability to communicate complex systems in clear and non-technical way.
- Strong commercial awareness and customer focus to identify growth opportunities
- Ability to recognize trends and provide recommendations and develop logical conclusions.
- Knowledge of mathematical, statistical and modelling concepts and research methods, including: learning curves and regressions.
- University degree in energy systems, economics, chemistry, engineering, or a similar discipline accompanied with relevant industry or research experience.
- 3-5 years of experience conducting research or market analysis in the hydrogen or energy transitions sector. Demonstrated experience with more technical and scientific writing. (Writing sample required with applications)
- Technical abilities around organizing and analyzing data. Strong Microsoft Suite skills are required with an emphasis on Excel.
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with confidence. We're the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.platts.com.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law .
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), ANLYTC202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
259080 Posted On: