Analyst, Fund Accounting
- Permanent, Full time
- Northern Trust Company
- 17 Nov 17 2017-11-17
Analyst, Fund Accounting
The Northern Trust Singapore Branch has an immediate need for a Fund Accounting Analyst in the Singapore Valuation Reporting Team - Client Valuation Reporting.
The valuation reporting department is in charge of daily and monthly reporting for Northern clients. By acting as a quality assurance team, we ensure final valuation report is accurate. The sample reports, which include asset and holding details, transaction details, profit and loss Statement, balance sheet reports, IFRS etc., lay out the trading activities and the market value of the portfolios.
Perform and responsible for the auditing of transactions and valuations of investment portfolio. On a daily basis, conduct audit, review resolution of exceptions and inquiries related to the audit process. Prioritize, coordinate, and monitor the daily/weekly/monthly exception tools to ensure the accuracy of portfolio reporting. Actively ensure quality and timeliness of accounting objectives is met. Participate in business unit initiatives and projects to implement tactical and strategic process improvements.
Monitor daily investment accounting in portfolios ensuring timely and accurate delivery of products, reports, and services. Perform the work in a team environment, serving as backup where volume or absence warrants.
- Perform daily/weekly/monthly audit and customized checks to ensure the
accuracy of portfolio reporting
- Create and update audit procedures and customized procedures
- Liaise with internal partners (Pricing, Corporate Action, Derivatives, Income, etc.) to understand their processes, raise queries to resolve data issues that impact reporting
- Investigate and identify root cause for late and revised accounts, give suggestions to re-engineer the processes to ensure that client needs are met and efficient processes are in place
- As the first level reference to the assigned client or clients, be able to articulate issues and help resolve client queries via phone, email and direct face to face interaction
- Work as a team, being the effective backup for any other Asia Pacific client reporting
- Degree holder in Accounting or Finance is preferred
- Knowledge and basic understanding of various assets classes: equity, fixed income, derivative, etc.
- Traditional oral and written communication skills plus literacy with the MS Office to effectively interact with clients and partners
- Leadership, organizational skills and sound judgment are needed to multi-task
- Good analytical and problem solving skill
- Ability to work inclusively in a team environment, exhibiting initiative and flexibility
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 16,500 employees globally. We serve the world's most-sophisticated clients - from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
As of September 30, 2017, Northern Trust Corporation had:
- $131 billion in banking assets
- $7.8 trillion in assets under custody
- $9.7 trillion in assets under custody/administration
- $1.1 trillion in assets under management