Analyst, Financial Institutional Group
Job Description This position will report to the Managing Director responsible for Moody's Financial Institution ratings in Singapore. The Analyst will be responsible for:
Managing a portfolio of high profile financial institutions, including banks, brokers and leasing companies.
Managing all aspects of the ratings process from timely ratings actions to producing, high quality, insightful and impactful research.
Communicate views to internal and external stakeholders.
The successful candidate must be ambitious, a team player, a critical thinker, with superior presentation skills, both verbal and written. The position would suit someone creative that can think outside the box.
Ratings quality: work with the analysts in Moody's financial teams to foster critical thinking, healthy skepticism, a more proactive approach to managing the credit portfolio, and updating processes that strengthen Moody's ratings franchise and relevance.
Communication Skills: must be able to articulate, persuasive, timely, insightful and relevant commentary to both internal and external stakeholders regarding credit issues.
- Several years experience in an analytical, research or risk management function preferred.
- Experience in financial markets preferred, but will consider candidates with an analytical background from other industries.
- Strong analytical and presentation skills
- Superior writing skills either for an internal or external audience
- Strong ability to articulate views orally both internally and externally including the media
- Proficiency in English required and proficiency in a second regional language preferred
- Ability to work collaboratively with others
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.