Analyst, Corporate Development - Singapore
CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com .
Job Description Summary
The Analyst, Corporate Development for Asia Pacific (APAC), will work closely with the Senior Director and Senior Analyst Corporate Development for APAC, the broader Corporate Development team, and APAC leadership to support CME Group's growth agenda for the region.
The Analyst will be expected to work simultaneously on a variety of projects and activities pertaining to all aspects of our growth strategy, requiring strong quantitative and analytical skills and the ability to engage with senior stakeholders. The Analyst will also be tasked with determining what information is needed to address a specific matter, where to retrieve this information and how to accurately and thoughtfully present this information so that management can make an informed decision. Principal Accountabilities:
- Corporate development and strategy project support:
- Provide evaluation, business case, agreement structuring and support to corporate development projects involving external parties
- Support the definition and implementation of strategy projects in APAC. Work with various team members and department to develop key strategies for APAC
- Contribute to country-specific assessments and strategic plans to clearly articulate growth barriers and opportunities and align the organization on plans for products and services distribution, industry engagement, and sales growth
- Data analytics and reporting support
- Provide strong data and quantitative analysis expertise in assessing business and product trends as well as trends and performance of industry players such as other trading and clearing entities in APAC
- Be the key to go-to-person in APAC for data analytics and reporting with guidance from seniors in the Corporate Development team for APAC
- Market and competitive landscape analysis
- Key driver to develop insightful analysis and reports on competitive exchanges and industry trends in the APAC market
- Coordinate and provide rigorous analyses to assess competitive, regulatory, and technology dynamics and trends incorporating evolving understanding of key business economics and rationale into project analytics and recommendations; such analysis may require a deep dive into large volumes of data
- Internal and external engagement support:
- Prepare background materials, discussion points and other information for use by corporate leadership and C-level executives' meetings with industry players, commercial partners, policymakers, etc.
- 2 or more years of working experience
- Degree or equivalent in related fields required e.g. Business, Economics
- CFA, MBA or equivalent a plus
- Supplemental certifications in financial modelling, analysis or relevant legal analysis a strong plus
- Strong Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills required
- Experience with key market data and trading platforms is preferred
- A positive attitude, a strong desire to learn, flexibility, versatility and a commitment to personal growth are required personal traits
- Demonstrable experience of designing and executing analytical models and deriving insights from large volumes of data spanning multiple systems
- Proven ability to work both independently and in multi-functional teams
- Problem solver who is able to build work products that lead to a solution
- Experience addressing objections and concerns in a mature and inclusive manner