Asia & Oceania Administration Department - Compliance
Overview of Division/Department
Our Compliance (CPL), a member of our Asia & Oceania Administration Department, is in charge of formulating and maintaining the compliance framework to ensure our compliance with internal and external regulations Company Profile
Mizuho Bank, Ltd. is a subsidiary of the Japan-based Mizuho Financial Group, Inc. (listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange and NYSE) and is one of the largest financial services companies in the world. Mizuho Bank, Ltd. provides financial and strategic solutions for the increasingly diverse and sophisticated needs of its clients with offices located in all the major cities of the world such as Tokyo, New York, London, Hong Kong and Singapore. Job Responsibilities
- Assist in planning, administer and executing the Bank's Compliance programs, namely:
- Compliance Action Program
- Information Control Action Program
- Responsible for processing and reviewing the applications made under the Bank's Compliance programs (e.g. entertainment and gift application, reward expenses, etc.) in a timely and fair manner.
- Co-ordinate and conduct email audit as well as any other such controls as may be required under the Information Control framework.
- Responsible for administering the FAA and SFA Representative Notification Framework.
- Keep abreast of regulatory changes and industry practices, and (where applicable) tailor our Representative Notification Framework, compliance related programs and procedures to align with new developments.
- Act as coordinator in liaising with stakeholders and collating requisite information/ data in response to inspection or queries, information requests, questionnaires, surveys, etc as may be required by MAS, ABS or any other regulatory authorities or industry bodies
- To keep abreast and disseminate information to relevant stakeholders on compliance matters, such as Head Office and Internal Operation Procedures, Head Office Bulletin Board circulars, MAS, ABS, and any other compliance-related circulars and notifications impacting the Bank's regulatory and compliance landscape.
- Assist in the development, implementation, review and revision of Compliance Manual, Compliance Risk Management Manual and Internal Operation Procedures.
- Undertake, participate and/or collaborate with other stakeholders on ad-hoc compliance related projects.
- Provide general guidance to internal stakeholders on matters/ issues relating to the Compliance programs or procedures.
- Ensure timely submission of reports to relevant stakeholders including but not limited to the Bank's Management, Head Office, MAS, ABS or any other regulatory authorities or industry bodies
- Participate in Compliance Committee Meeting, Compliance Forum or any other committees, taskforces, working groups, forums or dialogue sessions as part and parcel of the Bank's overall compliance and monitoring framework.
- Diploma/Degree in relevant fields
- At least 1 year of relevant compliance experience