- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 15 Jan 18
Analyst, Business Analytics
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
This role is responsible to develop, implement and maintain the different type of credit risk related models available in the Corporate, Institutions and Commercial clients segments.Leading the way in International Banking. Standard Chartered is one of the world's most dynamic and exciting international banks. Once you have joined the team, we offer many opportunities to expand and grow your career.
The successful applicant will be responsible:
- Develop, implement and maintain the different type of credit risk related models available in the Corporate, Institutions and Commercial clients segments.
- Conduct end-to-end analysis that includes data gathering and requirements specification, cleansing and verifying data integrity, analysis, ongoing deliverables, and presentations to key stakeholders.
- Build and prototype models using state of the art data mining techniques to provide insights.
- Interact cross-functionally with a wide variety of people and teams.
- Research and develop analysis, machine learning techniques, time series methods and optimization methods to improve existing models used within the bank.
- Advanced degree (ideally at PhD level) in a quantitative discipline (e.g., statistics, operations research, bioinformatics, computational biology, computer science, mathematics, physics, electrical/electronic engineering).
- 2 years of relevant work experience in data analysis or related field. (e.g., as a quantitative risk modeller / statistician / data scientist / computational biologist / bioinformatician), including deep expertise and experience with statistical data analysis such as linear models, multivariate analysis, stochastic models, sampling methods. Analytical engagements outside class work while at school can be included.
- Strong programming ability using Python and database languages such as SQL. Knowledge of R or SAS is a strong plus.
- Good knowledge of distributed computing framework such as Spark
- Experience articulating business questions and using mathematical techniques to arrive at an answer using available data. Experience translating analysis results into business recommendations.
- Demonstrated skills in selecting the right statistical tools given a data analysis problem.
- Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and self-direction.
- Demonstrated willingness to both teach others and learn new techniques.
A diverse culture
We are committed to building a culture that fosters a diverse and inclusive environment that's free from bias, where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution. This is just one of our values that is expressed in our brand promise - here for good. Apply Now...