S&P Global Commodity Insights The Role
: Analyst, Asia Oil Markets The Location
: Singapore or Gurgaon, India Grade /Level
( relevant for internal applicants only ): 10 The Team
: This role is in Asia Oil Analytics, part of the Global Demand and Asia Analytics Team at S&P Global Commodity Insights Analytics. Members of Asia Oil Analytics interact actively with other analysts in Asia and globally in subject areas such as global oil, production, refining, trade flows, generating fuels, future energy outlooks and integrated analytics. The Impact
: This position will have major responsibilities in analyzing elements affecting the Asian oil markets (crude oil, condensate and NGLs, downstream refining, oil trade and prices, petroleum product demand, inventory, and petroleum policies) in the global context, and presenting results in both written reports and client-facing interactions. The position will also have business development and client retention responsibilities for the Asia Pacific. What's in it for you
- Analyst focusing on Asian oil market with a focus on short term dynamics.
- Opportunity to work on important regional issues and with a highly experienced team in the industry around the globe.
- Develop your career by interacting with cross-commodity teams within the firm.
- Expand your perspective by interacting with clients on a regular basis.
- Opportunities to work with management of S&P Global Commodity Insights Analytics.
What We're Looking For
- Responsible for doing analytics research on short-term Asia oil product market, including refining sector developments, refining margins, product trades and arbitrage incentives and prepare and write weekly, monthly, regular reports and spotlights.
- Cover all parts of Asia-Pacific region but particularly Southeast Asia, Northeast Asia and Australia.
- Responsible for writing and publishing Asia-Pacific Weekly Recap (Oil), including management of supply-demand and pricing data files, analysis for crude market, naphtha, LPG, gasoline, gasoil, jet/kerosene, and fuel oil/bunkers.
- Jointly responsible for writing and publishing Japan Weekly Oil Analysis, covering refining, crude imports & stocks, margins, product & crude prices.
- Contribute to the work of Asia-Pacific Market Forecast (Oil).
- Detailed refining sector analysis with the team for the region and contribute to the world refining report.
- Detailed product flows, trade and balances with the team for the region and set up country balances for key countries.
- Understand policy trends affecting the oil sector in Asia.
- Work closely with other members of Asia Oil Analytics, other teams and S&P Global Commodity Insights Analytics at large to generate consistent views
- Interact with customers to answer questions and present oil market outlooks.
- Minimum four years of experience in refining analytics, energy industry consulting, investment banking, equity research or equivalent professional experience
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in economics, engineering, business administration, or similar field
- Excellent communication skills and superb in oral and written English (as most of our communication are done in English internally and externally). Must be able to effectively present forecasts and supporting materials to clients in regular reports, phone calls, emails, and web/live conferences
- Innovative and strong problem-solving skills to streamline processes and identify and implement improvements
- Expert in Microsoft Excel. At ease using features such as pivot tables, matrix formulas and other advanced Excel functionality
- Successful candidates will be able to work well under tight deadlines
- Excellent at data mining and data visualization with available software programs
- Strong background in engineering and refining
- Experience covering the Asian oil markets in the global context
- Understanding of economics/econometrics/refining modeling (LPs)
S&P Global deliver s essential intelligence that powers decision making.
- Experience in modeling and programming languages
- Asian language capability will be advantageous due to the need for Asian market coverage
We provide the world's leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you'll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape. S&P Global Commodity Insights
enables organizations to create long-term, sustainable value with data and insights for a complete view on the global energy and commodities markets.
----------------------------------------------------------- Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), ANLYTC202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
272842 Posted On: