Analyst - Wealth Management Middle Office - Singapore
- Permanent, Full time
- Nomura Asia
- 18 Apr 19
The Middle Office team is one of team under WMD Operations who will support the trade validation process, trade reconciliation, Business inquiry, regulatory reporting, support the clients’ request for asset transfer. This team is consisted of 7 people to run the BAU functions as part of AEJ Operation team.
Nomura is an Asia-headquartered financial services group with an integrated global network spanning over 30 countries. By connecting markets East & West, Nomura services the needs of individuals, institutions, corporates and governments through its three business divisions: Retail, Asset Management, and Wholesale (Global Markets and Investment Banking). Founded in 1925, the firm practices disciplined entrepreneurship while building on a long tradition of serving clients with creative solutions and considered thought leadership. For further information about Nomura, visit www.nomura.com.
- Understanding of overall and specific risks within the process, controls available to mitigate such risks and open risks, in supporting the business. Ability to identify gaps / issues / outliers as they arise and escalate timely / seek help. Understanding (and escalating) of similar gaps / issues / outliers (as they arise) in the offshore processes through regular conversations with the offshore counterparts.
- Trade processing and validation for securities, structured products, derivatives and mutual funds. Acts as both maker and checker roles.
- Ensure timely release of trade confirmations to clients, monitor and manage failed confirmation status
- Trade reconciliation – inter-co rec, external broker rec etc
- Trailer Fees processing, monthly and quarterly income/expense processing
- Performs signature verification and callbacks to support WMD clients on assets transfer (inward and outward remittance)
- Single point of contact for RM/CSOs on instruction queries
- Liaise with CSO/RM on booking instructions for clients that requires special handling.
- Follow-up with counterparties on trade discrepancies &/or liaise with WMD Execution desk to resolve discrepancies.
- Ensure daily day-end tasks and reports are completed
- MIS – contribute to weekly, monthly KRI/trade volume reporting.
- Review and streamline processes to improve efficiency and control
- Participate in systems enhancements and new products/initiative rollout.
- Processing the order for Mutual Fund products and hedge funds.
- Handling the regulatory report - MAS and Transaction Reporting.
- 2-5 years in Wealth Management / Private Banking Operations for Analyst
- Experience in Treasury products (eg, FX, SWAPs, DCI, FX Options), Structured products (eg, ELN, DCN) and OTC derivatives (such as accumulators, decumulators, equities Options, CDS, IRS, CFC)
- Understand the market rules and regulations for cross products.
- Versatile in excel and powerpoint
- Added advantage if candidate has Avaloq experience
Regional Disclaimers / Diversity Statement
Nomura is committed to an employment policy of equal opportunities, and is fundamentally opposed to any less favourable treatment accorded to existing or potential members of staff on the grounds of race, creed, colour, nationality, disability, marital status, pregnancy, gender or sexual orientation.