The Middle Office team is one of team under WMD Operations who will support the trade validation process, trade reconciliation, Business inquiry, regulatory reporting, support the clients’ request for asset transfer. This team is consisted of 5 people to run the BAU functions as part of AEJ Operation team. The role’s primary responsibilities can include trade processing and validation for securities, structured products, derivatives and mutual funds. Acts as both maker and checker roles.
Nomura is an Asia-headquartered financial services group with an integrated global network spanning over 30 countries. By connecting markets East & West, Nomura services the needs of individuals, institutions, corporates and governments through its four business divisions: Retail, Asset Management, Wholesale (Global Markets and Investment Banking) and Merchant Banking. Founded in 1925, the firm is built on a tradition of disciplined entrepreneurship, serving clients with creative solutions and considered thought leadership. For further information about Nomura, visit www.nomura.com.
The Middle Office team is one of team under WMD Operations who will support the trade validation process, trade reconciliation, Business inquiry, regulatory reporting, support the clients’ request for asset transfer. This team is consisted of 5 people to run the BAU functions as part of AEJ Operation team.
Trade processing and validation for securities, structured products, derivatives and mutual funds. Acts as both maker and checker roles.
- Ensure timely release of trade confirmations to clients, monitor and manage failed confirmation status
- Trade reconciliation – inter-co rec, external broker rec etc
- Performs signature verification and callbacks to support WMD clients on assets transfer (inward and outward remittance)
- Single point of contact for RM/CSOs on instruction queries
- Liaise with CSO/RM on booking instructions for clients that requires special handling.
- Follow-up with counterparties on trade discrepancies &/or liaise with WMD Execution desk to resolve discrepancies.
- Ensure daily day-end tasks and reports are completed
- MIS – contribute to weekly, monthly KRI/trade volume reporting.
- Review and streamline processes to improve efficiency and control
- Participate in systems enhancements and new products/initiative rollout.
- Processing the account opening, asset set up, order placing for Mutual Fund products and hedge funds.
- Handling the regulatory report - MAS and Transaction Reporting.
- The candidate with checker or team lead experience is more preferable.
Key Experience & Skills
- 3-5 years in Wealth Management / Private Banking Operations for Analyst
- Experience in Treasury products (eg, FX, SWAPs, DCI, FX Options), Structured products (eg, ELN, DCN),OTC derivatives (such as accumulators, decumulators, equities Options, CDS, IRS, CFC) and Mutual funds products
- Understand the market rules and regulations for cross products.
- Versatile in excel and powerpoint
- Added advantage if candidate has Avaloq experience
Regional Disclaimers / Diversity Statement
Nomura is committed to an employment policy of equal opportunities, and is fundamentally opposed to any less favourable treatment accorded to existing or potential members of staff on the grounds of race, creed, colour, nationality, disability, marital status, pregnancy, gender or sexual orientation.