Analyst - Performance Measurement and Attribution
- Not Specified
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- 22 Apr 18 2018-04-22
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Technology & Operations
BlackRock is one of the world’s preminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions — from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world’s capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs.
This individual will be part of the Performance Measurement & Attribution, as one of the contributor to the SG team.
The SG team is responsible for investigating / resolving complex questions and delivering non-standard requests related to fund performance and attribution, utilizing a variety of BlackRock attribution tools. Questions and requests may come from Investments, Risk, Strategy, Client Reporting, Client Relationship, and Analytics Production teams, predominantly in Asian countries. The type of funds covered include both active and passive strategies for fixed income, equity, and multi asset products. In addition, the team provides production and QC support for delivering daily / monthly performance and attribution reports to APAC senior management and investment teams in the regional offices for internal monitoring and client reporting purposes. On project basis, the SG team leverages domain knowledge and technology to help improve existing processes and optimize data delivery.
Key aspects to the role are to proactively take on initiatives, completing the tasks independently with minimal guidance or supervision. The individual should be comfortable in conducting deep-dive analysis even when the steps are not clearly laid out, as well as in communicating the findings to the stakeholders effectively. The individual should also be comfortable in managing and analysing large volume of information and data and to articulate findings from those information.
- Provide quality attribution analysis to internal and external clients on a formal and ad-hoc basis with guidance from senior team members.
- Ensure that all the requirements are competed on a timely basis with the highest level of accuracy and delays and issues are timely escalated.
- Manage individual workload to successfully meet set deadlines, adhere to monthly team schedule assisting other team members when required, while being mindful of periods of increased reporting requirements and deadline sensitivity, i.e. month & quarter end.
- Display professionalism and confidence when dealing with internal clients and have the ability to explain results, with direction from senior team members.
- Support and drive change in process and/or analysis, by leveraging technology
- Continuously increase domain / product knowledge and skill set, sharing the findings with local and global team members in order to provide better service as a team.
- Establish relationships and collaborate with key stakeholders and partners to provide best in class performance analysis and reporting support.
- Partner with Performance teams globally to present a consistent client experience catalyzing a common culture.
- 3+ years asset management industry experience. Direct involvement in a Performance related function or role is a plus.
- Ability to understand complex problems and logically identify and develop solutions for those problems.
- Possess technical skills such as SQL, unix, VBA, Pearl, BIRT and an aptitude to debug technical issues
- Experienced in managing large volume of data and able to data mine and interpret findings from the data.
- Ability to operate in a fast paced environment, and to manage workload of concurrent tasks
- Ability to work effectively with others in a team environment with diverse approaches and thinking styles
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, able to speak to both business and technical counterparts.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.