- Permanent, Full time
- OCBC Bank
- 21 Feb 18
Analyst - Group Customer Analytics & Decisioning, Group Customer Experience
Analyst - Group Customer Analytics & Decisioning, Group Customer ExperienceAbout OCBC
Having purpose and making a real impact drives what we do at OCBC, for our customers, colleagues and the community. People count on us to deliver an amazing banking experience, but more importantly one that is uncomplicated and complements their changing lifestyle and business needs. Our employees are the architects that make this all possible; they are high performing individuals and teams, experts in their field and above all believe in our purpose and commitment to customers.
Our community of game changers at OCBC builds for the future; think Ambitious goals, act with a strong Belief and execute with Courage and agility to drive impact. These ABCs sit at the center of our culture of change and innovation. Be an Analyst at OCBC, and join our community of game changers.
In this job function, you will:
- Work with specific client groups in the Consumer Bank to understand their business challenges & identify areas where Customer analytics techniques could help them overcome these challenges and realise new opportunities
- Support planning, development, execution and tracking of Data Driven Marketing activity across all channels
- Develop data-driven actionable customer insights to support marketing, sales and service communications.
- Deploy market leading analytics techniques (such as machine learning, predictive modeling, event marketing, optimisation and customer segmentation) to improve marketing effectiveness, drive up cross sales and deepen customer engagement.
- Support, customize and enhance reporting initiatives in the area of Customer Analytics including effectiveness and efficiency evaluations (post-campaign analysis).
What you'll do
Generate actionable customer insight to improve key business outcomes
Support the deployment of world-class marketing analytics capabilities and practices to improve marketing effectiveness and efficiency of the OCBC Consumer Financial Services division. This includes:
- Development and execution of marketing campaigns & event triggers to support customer acquisition, cross & upselling and account activation goals within the Consumer Banking business.
- Conducting data discovery and other data exploration activities to identify emerging trends and business opportunities for Wealth Management and Affluent Banking areas.
- Development and ongoing management of campaign reporting, analysis and derivation of key customer metrics.
- Design of management reporting & visualization using Qlikview.
- Provision of ongoing support to segment and product management in the profiling and segmentation of customers as well as conduct of tactical mining to support their business initiatives.
- Regular interaction with product and segment managers to understand their business objectives. Proactive recommendation on how you think analytics could help them achieve their goals.
What you'll bring
General Knowledge & Experience:
- Understanding of banking, insurance or financial services preferred
- Understanding of the role of analytical marketers
- Exposure to data management and analysis functions
Programming & Data:
- Exposure to database, analytical marketing or campaign management functions.
- Ability to analyse, identify, visualize and describe key trends within large datasets
- Machine learning, statistical modeling, visualization
- Ideally has prior experience of Campaign Management (Unica / SAS /Adobe) and Direct Marketing experiment design concepts
- Some prior exposure to analytical software tools of leading analytical software tools (such as SAS / SPSS / R / Spark); leading database environments (Oracle / Teradata / Hadoop / SQL); reporting tools (Qlikview / Tableau / D3) and/or contact management platforms (Siebel / Pega).
Communication & Soft Skills:
- Curiosity & a real passion for understanding "why?"
- Creativity to see possibilities within the data & translate into decisions and actions for non-technical business users.
- Ability to visualise patterns arising out of data analysis and turn these into compelling stories.