Asia & Oceania Administration Department - Compliance
Overview of Division/Department
Our Compliance (CPL), a member of our Asia & Oceania Administration Department, is in charge of formulating and maintaining the compliance framework to ensure our compliance with internal and external regulations Company Profile
Mizuho Bank, Ltd. is a subsidiary of the Japan-based Mizuho Financial Group, Inc. (listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange and NYSE) and is one of the largest financial services companies in the world. Mizuho Bank, Ltd. provides financial and strategic solutions for the increasingly diverse and sophisticated needs of its clients with offices located in all the major cities of the world such as Tokyo, New York, London, Hong Kong and Singapore. Job Responsibilities
- Act as Compliance Partner to various business/ operations units (Designated Units) as may be designated from time to time.
- As the Compliance Partner to the Designated Units, provide guidance on compliance matters and conduct compliance risk assessment on new products/ services/ businesses, and liaise with the business in the performance of annual Compliance Risk Assessment.
- Keep abreast of regulatory changes and industry practices, and (where applicable) provide updates to the business and support them in the implementation of new/changes in regulations, including reviewing gap analysis.
- Assist the Designated Units in enhancing their Compliance control framework by identifying areas of weakness, advising and providing recommendations and guidance to the Designated Units so as to improve/ rectify any weakness identified.
- Promote awareness of rules, regulations and industry guidelines by, amongst others, developing and conducting compliance training.
- Support the Team Lead and Section Head in identifying and timely reporting of risk and compliance issues, breaches/ violations (including SCVR) and suspicious activities which concern the Designated Units. Ensure timely escalation of concerns to Management and Head Office (as appropriate).
- Liaise with internal auditors in their audit of the Designated Units.
- Perform fit and proper assessment for appointment of representatives under the Securities & Futures Act (SFA) and/or Financial Advisers Act (FAA).
- Ensure prompt escalation of issues and concerns to Team Lead and Section Head in an appropriate manner.
- Undertake, participate and/or collaborate with respective teams in the Compliance section in ad-hoc compliance related projects.
- Keep undated on Head Office and Internal Operation Procedures, Head Office Official Circulars, and regulatory laws and regulations, and (where applicable) advise relevant stakeholders.
- Assist in the development, implementation, review and revision of Compliance Manual, Compliance Risk Management Manual and Internal Operation Procedures.
- (Where applicable) Participate in Compliance Committee Meeting, Compliance Forum or any other committees, taskforces, working groups, forums or dialogue sessions as part and parcel of the Bank's overall compliance and monitoring framework.
- Participate in ad-hoc Bank initiatives or focus groups, as representative of the Compliance Section as may be appropriate.
- Perform administrative work as may be necessary.
- Degree in relevant field
- At least 2 years Corporate Banking General Compliance experience