Aladdin Technical Support , Associate
- Not Specified
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 Feb 18 2018-02-20
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At December 31, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At December 31, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. As of December 31, 2016, the firm had approximately 13,000 employees in more than 30 countries and a major presence in global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa. For additional information, please visit the Company’s website at www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock_news | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
The Aladdin Product Group develops and supports every facet of BlackRock’s information system’s needs. Our global teams perform a wide variety of activities from maintaining system stability to growing the features and functionality of our state-of the-art trading and asset management platform, Aladdin. The breath of our responsibilities calls for a diverse range of expertise.
The Core Systems Operations (CSO) organization is part of the Aladdin Product Group at BlackRock. It is responsible for ensuring a fully stable, resilient, scalable, and cost efficient production environment across all our core investment systems.
Client Technical Services (CTS) is part of Core Systems Operations (CSO) which is responsible for maintaining system performance and uptime for Aladdin and other critical applications used at BlackRock. Additionally, CSO supports over 150 external organizations which leverage Aladdin through BlackRock Solutions (BRS) offerings (https://www.blackrock.com/aladdin/home).
Job Purpose/ Responsibilities
The candidate will work across functions within CTS to provide leadership and guidance in order to accomplish the team’s strategic goals.
BRS Aladdin Client Support
CTS works directly with the BlackRock Solutions business to provide support for the external organizations who leverage the Aladdin platform. This includes level two troubleshooting of issues raised by the Aladdin Client Services team, as well as working with client technology teams to implement and review technology solutions. In this role, CTS develops strong working relationships with the BRS relationship managers and teams across the Aladdin Product Group.
Change Management Coordination
The Change Management function in CTS works across technology and development teams to ensure the stability of the Aladdin platform and BlackRock infrastructure while supporting the fast-pace of innovation at BlackRock. Change coordinators review details of high-risk changes and releases for conflicts and appropriate procedures. The team communicates changes and their impact to stakeholders and runs regular meetings to guarantee approvals and consensus.
• Due to the dynamic nature of the environment, CTS provides the opportunity for team members to participate across a number of functions, including disaster recovery planning for Aladdin and working with development teams on enhancements to operational tools as well as opportunities to take ownership of various initiatives.
• Strong leadership skills, including demonstrated ability to integrate multiple technical disciplines in achieving a stated objective.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, strong organizational skills, and attention to detail.
• Highly motivated individual who takes full ownership of responsibilities and is a dependable teammate.
• Adaptive individual, able to multi-task and adjust in a fast moving environment.
• Solid technical acumen, including desktop technology, basic TCP/IP networking and basic SDLC understanding.
• Results-oriented professional committed to personally driving objectives to completion, maintaining flexibility where an adjusted work schedule and/or evening/weekend work are required.
• 2+ years of experience in a production support or client services role, financial services a plus.
• Successful completion of a Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience troubleshooting Java-based applications running on Windows OS.
- Strong technical writing skills or previous documentation experience and familiarity with Confluence.
- Scripting or basic development language skills to automate common tasks.
- Japanese language proficiency is desirable but not a must.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.