Aladdin Business, Implementation Manager, Vice President,
- Not Specified
- Permanent, Full time
- 08 Dec 18
About BlackRock BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.44 trillion in assets on behalf
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.44 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Background of Aladdin
The Aladdin Implementation Group is responsible for the installation and deployment of Aladdin at BlackRock Solutions clients. Aladdin implementations are high profile initiatives which require team members to have senior level exposure and play an active role in transforming client organizations; a typical Aladdin implementation is at least as much about processes and implementing change as it is about technology. We help clients achieve challenging strategic objectives which range from streamlining operations to integrating business lines to modernizing their overall investment process. BlackRock’s implementation model is unique in the sense that we take full responsibility for the client going live on our solution. It also means that we develop a true partnership with our clients that continues to grow post go live
Purpose and Scope of BlackRock Solutions
BlackRock Solutions is expanding its business in Asia Pacific and is currently on boarding a number of clients across the region. We are looking for a candidate to work as part of a global team who will lead and manage projects to ensure a successful implementation outcome. This includes driving conversations with senior clients, dealing with multiple stakeholders and effectively managing the project plan. As a successful candidate, you will need to understand the end to end investment life cycle for Investment managers and be familiar with investment management platforms.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Engage with the client's senior management team (e.g. Chief Investment Officer, Head Portfolio Managers, Head of Operations, Chief Technology Officer) and provide strong leadership for the Aladdin relationship
- Work directly with the client to create and administer the implementation project plan, as well as the coordination of resources across multiple functional areas
- Lead and document investment and operational workflow design sessions for various asset classes, including equities, fixed income and derivatives
- Gain an in-depth knowledge of Aladdin functionality and workflows to ensure clients take full advantage of the suite of Aladdin products and tools
- Lead and assist in Aladdin configuration, testing and user training
- Work closely with the client and Aladdin Product Managers to support client development needs
- Participate in Aladdin business development activities assisting in system validations and due diligence meetings with prospective clients
- Strong understanding of the buy-side investment management process is preferred but having a deep understanding of investment risk management platforms is a must
- Outstanding academic achievement, CFA a plus
- Superior communication and presentation skills, with the ability to convey complex concepts simply and clearly to clients
- Well organized with the ability to manage multiple priorities with a hands on approach
- Past experience in implementing financial management systems at external clients site (portfolio/trading systems, risk platforms, operation tools)
- Familiarity with Capital Markets instruments (equities, fixed income, derivatives)
- Excellent creative, analytical and computer skills with an entrepreneurial approach to large, complex projects (SQL experience a plus)
- Expected to travel 2-3 days per week, including international opportunities
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.