Agility within the Bank isn’t just an implementation of Scrum or Kanban within a software development team; it's a new way of working (NWoW) that's applied across all areas of the organisation.
- Coach and present senior executive leadership teams on the value of new ways of working (NWOW) and the mindsets leaders will have to adopt to make those NWOW work
- Create high performance culture where agile is leveraged as a strategic business asset
- Identify and attack organisational impediments constraining productivity, quality, early risk mitigation and continuous delivery of customer value
- Apply your strengths in coaching, mentoring, advising, designing solutions through thought leadership across key organisational agility enablers
- Adapt and change your approach based upon the context that you are supporting through the cultural transition towards embedding organisational agility.
- Driven by customer obsession, deploy strategies to accelerate speed of change in delivery of innovative products & services
- Enable a culture of high performance that is highly collaborative and focussed on continuous learning & improvement.
- Contribute to building a resilient organisation to be nimble in its sense and response to the volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous VUCA) era
- Challenge the “as is” way of working across delivery, governance, operational model/structure, funding
- Apply depth of analytical understanding of a variety of New Ways of Working such as Scrum, Kanban, Human Centred Design or Design Thinking, Lean, Dynamic Work Design, A3 problem solving, Extreme Programming, Behaviour Driven Development, DevOps, Agile Friendly Operating Models and Agile HR.
- Understand what practice, tool or technique to apply given the environment and the situation is the challenge that you will need to demonstrate mastery in using a show/tell/do approach
People and Talent
- Working autonomously, you will have the freedom to be innovative and creative with the approaches that you use to facilitate change.
- Model agile mindset, values and principles
- Use passion and drive to foster motivation in others to change, but also understand the fine line between being over-zealous, pragmatic and providing appropriate encouragement.
- Tap into people's intrinsic motivation, empower and guide them through their individual Agile capability journey across a breadth and depth of roles.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Minimum of 5 years hands on experience in Agile or other related disciplines (Lean Software Development, Human Centred Design).
- Minimum of 10-year experience in Information Technology
- Minimum of 5 years leading & managing Software/ IT Projects / Teams using Agile
- Experience in leading transformation in non-technology functions
- Experience in cultural transformation & building high performance organisations
- Experience in agile friendly operating models and organisational enablers
- Proficient in using a variety of agile delivery tools e.g. JIRA, Confluence
- Academic or Professional Education/Qualifications: As per Bank’s requirements and HR policy
- Licences and Certifications/accreditations: Scrum Master and Product Owner certification from Scrum Alliance, Scrum.org or other associations are must, Practitioner certification of Scaled Agile framework like LeSS, SaFE, Scrum@Scale, Spotify, Nexus and Human Centred Design or Design Thinking are plus.
- Desired Professional Memberships: Association or Discipline Association Membership well regarded.
- Language: English