Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations. Job Description
The customer is the focus of everything we do, and millions of end users rely on our products daily. We believe in the value of empowering Actuarial Manager with the resources to solve critical problems for the future of our business, which is why we need you.
Manulife Actuarialisseeking a self-motivated Inforce manager, who is obsessed with delivering value,isforward-thinking, and excited to improve inforce value of the company and customer experience
What motivates you?
- You obsess about customers, listen, engage and act for their benefit
- You think big, with curiosity to discover ways to use your agile mindset and enable business outcomes
- You thrive in teams, and enjoy getting things done together
- You take ownership and build solutions, focusing on what matters
- You do what is right, work with integrity and speak up
- You share your humanity, helping us build a diverse and inclusive work environment for everyone
We are looking for someone with:
- Knowledgeable on full suite of experience studies including assumptions recommendation, maintenance, and financial impact analysis as in the areas of reserve, new business value, new business gain/loss, etc. In addition, assist to provide deeper insight of hidden information, which can be value added to the business.
- Support on inforce management projects to deep dive on experience drivers and propose recommendations to improve customer experience and inforce value to the company. This includes liaise with various stakeholders on different inforce management initiatives.
- Experience in regular experience monitoring and highlight/ investigate variance in experience and its root causes.
- Involve in monitoring tools development working with regional team.
- Handle various agency compensation management initiatives, including establishment of framework, business case assessment and experience monitoring. Ideas and close collaboration with various stakeholders are required for completion of an initiative.
Nice to Haves:
- Good progress of actuarial exams
- At least 6 years of working experience with good understanding of data, actuarial experience monitoring, insurance business know-how and local Singapore market.
- In-depth knowledge of insurance products and their earnings attributes.
- Creative, thinking out of the box, meticulous to details, effective communications and planning are key elements for success.
- Good knowledge in MS Office (Excel, Access, Words, Power Point) and QlikView (or any equivalent software)
- Team player oriented as well as can follow up tasks independently
On the job you will:
Learn more about opportunities with us at jobs.manulife.com If you are ready to unleash your potential, it's time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock. About Manulife
- Work closely with regional team.
- This includes liaise with various stakeholders on different inforce management initiatives.
- Our commitment to you
- Our mission; to be a part of making Decisions Easier and Lives Better
- A leadership team dedicated to your growth and success
- A bold ambition and set of goals to be a leader in driving transformation in our industry
- Our best. Every day.
About Manulife Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services provider that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we operate as Manulife across our offices in Canada, Asia, and Europe, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. We provide financial advice, insurance, and our global wealth and asset management segment, Manulife Investment Management, serves individuals, institutions and retirement plan members worldwide. At the end of 2020, we had more than 37,000 employees, over 118,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving over 30 million customers. As of March 31, 2021, we had CAD$1.3 trillion (US$1.0 trillion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $31.3 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 155 years. We trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong. Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife /John Hancock , we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention, advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour , ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process . All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies . To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact email@example.com .