The Systems and Process Manager is responsible for leading the development of new system andbusiness solutions and will work directly with business users and software administrators and engineers to deliver solutions in a fast-paced environment. Acts as key point of contact for the businessapplications, the BA interacts heavily with senior-level business associates and works directly with the Platform Delivery Manager, Technical Platform Manager, and Real Estate Platform Leader on technology vision and Roadmap planning. The Analyst will act as a solutions specialist with no direct reports. The Analyst has strong analytical and troubleshooting skills and is versatile at juggling multiple tasks and projects concurrently. The Analyst is a self-starter, quick learner, capable of grasping new concepts quickly and will consistently deliver results in a client-focused culture.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Subject matter expert for Real Estate Fund Administration and Real Estate Technology.
• Maintain awareness of the full scope of client needs with ability to pro-actively address needs and serve as an escalation point for associates and clients when/if needed.
• Consistent involvement in implementing solutions across Alter Domus’s FA product lines including but not limited to the following examples:
o Advanced Yardi functionality
o Yardi training materials
o Best practice/consistent processing methods
• Work with product Real Estate accounting managers to ensure best practices are utilized across all of Fund Administration.
• Work with FA Leadership to review, suggest, and implement process improvements to ensure compliance adherence across Real Estate accounting group.
• Knowledge of current industry standards (ex: ILPA reporting, return calculation methodology, performance modeling, etc.).
• Complete understanding of deal needs across Real Estate Fund Administration, while understanding the tools and resources needed to meet deliverables.
• Assist in the design and implementation of team training materials/plans and ensure team is adequately trained in a set time frame while giving appropriate feedback to trainees and trainer on gaps that need addressed.
• Review workflows with accounting managers & support teams to ensure best practice processes are implemented and adhered to across Fund Administration.
o Regular discussions with regional accounting staff.
o Regular discussions with systems administration.
• Manage workload and human resource aspects of junior staff in region; Implementation Specialists and Support Specialists
• Leadership role in Yardi Implementations.
o Leadership of scoping exercises with internal accounting teams and client for new entity setup
o Coordination of system configuration information with Technical Platform Manager
o Coordination of data testing and validation for funds being implemented/migrated
o Coordination of custom reporting setup
o Coordination of training for ongoing production staff
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting (or related field);
• 6+ years of finance or accounting experience;
• Experience working with Close End Funds, Real Estate, or Private Equity:
• In-depth understanding of investments within assigned fund(s);
• Broad market knowledge;
• Strong communication and analytical skills; and
• CPA or CPA eligibility a plus.