Are you ready to join UBS team of dedicated accounting specialists? Do you have a knack for breaking down complex issues to reach clear and concise conclusions?
We’re looking for an Accounting Policy Specialist with IFRS expertise to help us:
• provide technical accounting advice to relevant stakeholders, including Investment Bank and leading Wealth Management business in APAC.
• interact effectively with relevant stakeholders from across the different areas within the organization to resolve accounting issues associated with complex financial instruments and other significant transactions / initiatives
• develop technical and soft skills to become the future leaders of UBS
• assist in the development UBS’s understanding and interpretation of new accounting standards that impact UBS
• educate Finance teams on fundamental accounting concepts and the latest policy developments
You’ll be interacting with the Group Accounting Policy (GAP) team in Singapore and globally. We are a team of highly trained accounting subject matter experts that delivers against all the accounting policy needs of the Business Divisions and Corporate Center. As accounting standards are constantly changing, we stay at the forefront of those developments to ensure we provide appropriate accounting guidance that takes account of those developments and training for a sustainable control environment.
• a license as a Qualified Accountant with a university degree in accounting, business or similar field
• minimum 3 years of relevant working experiences
• Knowledge of banking and banking products gained at a large financial services organisation and/or through training with one of the Big Four accountancy firms.
• Experience as an IFRS subject matter expert
• an excellent communicator with strong presentation skills, both oral and written. You must be able to express opinions clearly and firmly
• able to apply technical understanding to practical problems (you can’t be replaced by a robot)
• fluent in English; others languages (especially Mandarin) may be useful
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.