Accountant, Singapore (21923)
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Fitch Group is comprised of: Fitch Ratings, a global leader in credit ratings and research; Fitch Solutions, a leading provider of credit market data, analytical tools and risk services; and Fitch Learning, a preeminent training and professional development firm. With dual headquarters in London and New York, Fitch Group is owned by Hearst.
Fitch Ratings is a leading provider of credit ratings, commentary and research. Dedicated to providing value beyond the rating through independent and prospective credit opinions, Fitch Ratings offers global perspectives shaped by strong local market experience and credit market expertise. The additional context, perspective and insights we provide help investors to make important credit judgments with confidence.
As a global credit rating agency, Fitch Ratings gauges the ability of entities and instruments to meet their credit obligations. Investors and financial market participants rely on multiple sources, and the credit rating - indicating how an issue or transaction is likely to perform over time - is one of their key inputs. In this way, we help investors map potential credit risks.
Fitch Solutions, a subsidiary of Fitch Ratings, provides a range of industry-leading products and professional development services to the global financial community. In addition to offering proprietary market-based content, it distributes the ratings, research and financial data of Fitch Ratings through a variety of flexible platforms. With innovation and experience behind every solution it brings to market, our offerings are designed to meet the diverse needs of the fixed-income markets.
Fitch complies with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which it operates, and provides equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All applications will be considered without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, and other status protected by applicable laws. Department Overview:
Finance team in Singapore work closely with Regional Finance Hub in HK and Group Finance HQ in London and look after the accounting, tax, payroll, treasury and management reporting of a number of Fitch's rating and non-rating subsidiaries operating in Singapore. Fitch Group Finance operates on a globally integrated Finance system, which is SAP. Responsibilities:
Reporting to our Finance Manager in Fitch Ratings SG office, the ideal caliber should
Experience, Qualifications & Skills:
- Do data input, journal posting, AP entry/disbursement, expense claim processing/ checking and other clerical work
- Do invoice issuance and AR collection
- Coordinate and liaise with internal parties to support intercompany activities
- Coordinate and liaise with external parties like external auditors, tax agents, corporate secretarial agents, local tax and government authorities where required.
- Support and ensure compliance with all finance filing requirements
- Support forecasting and budgeting exercise as per corporate guidelines
- Support timely, accurate month-end closing and financial reporting to Management
- Assist in new processes and system implementation when required
- Any other ad-hoc duties.
Application: We are not seeking assistance from recruiters at this time. To apply, please submit a short cover letter stating your suitability for the role plus details of any valid visa that you hold and your up-to-date CV. Please also enter your current and desired gross annual salary and notice period in the applicable spaces when completing your application but do not include them in your CV . We regret we are only able to respond to successful applicants.
- Good English communication skills both in written and spoken English
- 3-4 years of experience in accounting field
- Experience in handling full-sets of accounts for multiple books
- Proficient in MS Excel spreadsheet
- SAP, payroll and HR knowledge would be preferred
- Able to work independently and meeting reporting deadlines will be required