We are one of the largest investment management organizations in the world, with over 1000 people working together to create long-term value.
Investment Services Private Markets & Finance
(ISPVMF) is responsible for financial management activities across the GIC group. It provides budgeting, financial planning & advisory, accounting, treasury operations, cash management, tax as well as financial and management reporting services to all departments, corporate management companies and the global offices of the GIC group.
ISPVMF is also responsible for providing operations and reporting support to the private markets business of GIC. This includes deal structuring and closing, transaction processing, administration and accounting of investment holding companies, review of financial controls for asset operations, cash & securities reconciliation, valuation and financial reporting for assets under management, and external debt financing.
We are looking for a suitable candidate to join the Corporate Accounting Division as an Accountant (1 year contract). Responsibilities
Accounting & Reporting
- Supports the Financial Controllers of the GIC Corporate entities in the preparation of financial statements and analysis.
- Accountable for the month-end close accounting and reporting activities that involves balance sheet review, intercompany settlement, analysis of accounting schedules, preparation of accounting transactions and reporting packages.
- Work with both internal and external stakeholders that includes auditors, tax and accounting advisors.
- Prepare statutory financial statements, trial balances and accounting schedules in accordance with relevant statutory requirements. Prepare external reporting requirements that includes country, state, state direct and indirect tax and statutory filings.
- Perform analysis on the financial statements and address queries from auditors and authorities
- Lead initiatives to design, transform and innovate operational processes to meet business requirements.
Capital Asset Planning & Analysis
- Accountable for the month-end close accounting and reporting activities for the fixed assets, including fixed assets additions, disposals, schedules preparation and depreciation.
- Perform analysis on fixed assets and address queries from auditors and authorities
- Manage the SAP budget activation for IT and Office CAPEX and OPEX, and the monthly SAP process closing process for month-end settlement and recording.
- Assist in the review and reconciliation of accounts related to IFRS16 Lease Accounting.
- With Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent professional qualification and at least 4 years relevant working experience in an accounting function.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and have practical working experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems.
- A self-motivated and results-oriented individual with strong financial controls awareness and good technical knowledge.
- Highly-organised, results-driven, and capable of managing multiple priorities effectively.
- Independent, resourceful and able to work collaboratively with business stakeholders and finance colleagues.
- Excellent team player who is keen to take up new challenges in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
- Prior experience and knowledge in SAP ERP system will be an added advantage.