Two Accountant jobs have become available at a leading financial consulting firm.
About the Accountant Role:
You will be responsible for preparing and managing statutory financial accounts across a number of offices globally which may include Malaysia, Singapore, Canada, the US, UK, and Australia. You will also provide ad hoc financial management support to the management team, partnering with key stakeholders to resolve queries proactively or as they arise.
- Managing statutory financial accounts (P&L review, Balance sheet review and intercompany reconciliation)
- Responsible for timely monthly and year-end closing activities including journal entries for accruals and prepayments
- Preparing balance sheet reconciliations, identifying and following up on areas of concern within the reconciliations
- Ensuring the accuracy of accounting data is in-line with Company policies
- Cash flow management/forecasting
- Preparing and managing compulsory government surveys
- Responsible for quarterly GST/VAT returns
- Responsible for audit (audit planning, liaising with auditors)
- Responsible for tax filing and liaising with tax agents on the tax matters of the Company
- Stakeholder management, including providing advice to tax related queries
- Implementing accounting policies and internal control procedures and ensuring compliance
- Ad hoc projects and resolutions of ad-hoc issues
To succeed in this Accountant role, you will need to be a self-motivated individual who possesses strong technical skills and can work well within a small finance team, supporting stakeholders across a broad geography.
- Degree qualified in Accountancy or Finance
- A relevant accounting background with at least five years' working experience
- Advanced skills in Excel and Word
- Team player
- Positive and enthusiastic approach
- Excellent time management skills
- Good written, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to proactively deal with senior management
- Attention to detail
- Able to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
This global consultancy within the Financial Services space currently has offices all over the world and a growing presence across major financial hubs. This organisation is stable and boasts a diverse workforce, a successful business platform and a central working location.
If you are looking for a finance role within a top performing mid-sized international consultancy, this Accountant role is right for you.
Please apply today to learn more.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1871250 Alex Martin