We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.88 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,800 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
Financial institutions across Asia are increasingly outsourcing business to investment management companies. This trend is being driven by a variety of factors - changing client demands, an emphasis on excellence and selecting best of breed managers and cost controls. Against this background, the Global Wealth Management channel has been identified as a key source of business growth for PIMCO in Asia.
PIMCO sees a clear opportunity to continue building its wealth management franchise with Singapore financial institutions. Consequently, PIMCO would like to recruit an Account Analyst to provide on the desk support to the Account Management team focused on client servicing, business development and relationship management amongst its wealth management clients .
The position is viewed as an important component of the support network required to maintain and continue building out PIMCO's franchise within the space.
PIMCO is a member of the Allianz Group of companies, a European based multi-national insurance and financial services holding company. PIMCO's culture is entrepreneurial with a flat hierarchy and a high performance environment.
This position requires an energetic, analytical and detailed orientated professional who can:
- Accurately and efficiently prepare client reports and respond to client queries on portfolio performance, risk metrics, marketing material requests and the planning of events / road shows.
- Support the Account Management team through the provision of market, product and portfolio data.
- Effectively utilize tools such as Excel spreadsheets, macros, and query tools, along with internet sites, both public and private. Knowledge of Bloomberg and/or other index providers such as Barclays and Morgan Markets are a plus.
- Analyze and explain portfolio data including qualitative and quantitative performance attribution.
- Pay significant attention to detail to ensure that work is delivered accurately and in a timely manner.
- Communicate effectively with clients and colleagues demonstrating a 'goes the extra mile' attitude in internal and external interactions.
- Frequently shifts priorities demonstrating the ability to efficiently manage their time.
- Focus on specific goals, and demonstrate a sense of personal accountability and urgency for achieving results.
- Foster a sense of teamwork by assisting others when needed/required.
- Makes a strong commitment to PIMCO's culture, values and approach .
- Up to two years of finance-related experience, preferably from within the investment or wealth management industry.
- University internships in a financial or client-oriented role can be considered in lieu of employment experience.
- Collegiate team player, experienced and comfortable in an international operating environment.
- Can demonstrate an understanding of economics, capital markets and investment concepts.
- Possesses the language skill appropriate to the region (English required with preference for Mandarin).
- Outstanding communication skills - both written and verbal.
- Self-confident, robust, decisive, trustworthy and with excellent judgement on client matters.
- Entrepreneurial and a self-starter, but able to operate in a team environment.
- Innovative thinker able to bring forward and promote new ideas and initiatives, among peers and investors.
- Able to demonstrate a passion for / deep interest in investment management.
- Likes to spend most of their time working on client related activities and projects.
- Bachelor degree. Fresh graduates with strong academic background are welcome to apply.
- Progress towards regulatory certificate in relevant jurisdiction.
- Prepared to make progress towards attaining the CFA designation.