- Permanent, Full time
AWS Cloud Architect
- Full time
- 21 Apr 19
AWS Cloud ArchitectJob description
Are you ready to step up to the New and take your technology expertise to the next level?
Join Accenture and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture, and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
As part of our Intelligent Engineering Services (IES) practice, you will lead technology innovation for our clients through robust delivery of world-class solutions. You will help build better software better! There will never be a typical day and that's why people love it here. The opportunities to make a difference within exciting client initiatives are unlimited in the ever-changing technology landscape. You will be part of a growing network of technology experts who are highly collaborative taking on today's biggest, most complex business challenges. We will nurture your talent in an inclusive culture that values diversity. Come grow your career in technology at Accenture!
The AWS Practice within IES includes our deepest AWS experts and supports Accenture's more than 1,500 certified AWS architects across the company. Join our team and be among Accenture's most talented AWS practitioners, our AWS SWAT team. The group is responsible for Accenture's most complex AWS projects and provides our delivery capability for the Accenture AWS Business Group (AABG). AABG is the deepest relationship Amazon Web Services has with any partner in the ecosystem. Choosing Accenture and the AWS Practice will take your AWS experience and skills to the next level and allow you to work in an innovative and collaborative environment. At Accenture, you can lead the world's largest enterprises on the path to native cloud transformation and serverless, on the leading edge of cloud.
Learn more about our AABG and AWS at Accenture here:
Key responsibilities may include:
• Work on AWS cloud engagement to build and deploy a highly secure and reliable AWS environment for clients
• Provide AWS cloud solutions to complex business problems for area(s) of responsibility where analysis of situations requires an in-depth knowledge of organizational objectives.
• Interact with senior management levels at a client and/or within Accenture, which involves negotiating or influencing on significant matters and driving the AWS value proposition.
• Have latitude in decision-making and determining objectives and approaches to critical assignments through the use of the AWS platform of services.
• Manage large teams and/or work efforts (if in an individual contributor role) at a client or within Accenture.
• Independently lead client AWS design workshops and provide tradeoffs and recommendations
• Contribute to the Accenture AWS community and assets
• Build out AWS proof of concepts to test out designs and demonstrate to customers the value
• Minimum of 2 years of experience with Amazon Web Services. Candidate must have strong experience with multiple AWS services beyond traditional IaaS.
• Candidate must have at least 2 AWS Associate Certifications or the AWS Architect Professional Certification
• Hands-on AWS experience with a minimum of 2 implementations (preferred in Enterprise scale environments)
• Experience with at least 1 programming language (compiled or scripted languages)
• Experience with core AWS platform architecture, including areas such as:
• Organizations, Account Design, VPC, Subnet, segmentation strategies
• Backup and Disaster Recovery approach and design
• Environment and application automation
• CloudFormation and third party automation approach/strategy
• Network connectivity, Direct Connect and VPN
• AWS Cost Management and Optimization
• Architect and support applications to be high resilient using the AWS platform designs
• Candidate must have 5+ years of IT and Technical Architecture experience, including project/team management activities such as:
• Project Management
• Budget Management
• Technology Delivery Lead for medium size project or greater
• Discussing technologies with a IT director or VP level resources
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent
• Experienced AWS Cloud Architect with specialization in the following areas:
• AWS Cloud Strategy: Business Case development, application assessment and migration planning, Cloud Operating Model design
• AWS Security: Compliance, Cloud Security Architecture, third party security tools/platforms, encryption/KMS/CloudHSM, Inspector, Macie, IAM policies/roles, Shield, WAF, etc.
• AWS Migration: Optimization of applications to scalable cloud designs, rearchitecting applications to modern cloud patterns, and database migration (including cross-platform)
• Supporting availability and scalability for Enterprise packaged/COTS Applications on AWS: SAP / HANA, Oracle Applications, WebMethods, etc. on AWS.
• Experience with application architecture patterns and best practices
• Unix, Linux, Windows Administration and scripting
Professional Skill Requirements
• Proven ability to build, manage and foster a team-oriented environment
• Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
• Desire to work in an information systems environment
• Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
• Excellent leadership and management skills
You will also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialization. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialized skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with teammates. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.