AVP / VP, Senior Data Analyst, IBG3&4, Regional Sales Management Office, Institutional Banking Group
- Permanent, Full time
- DBS Bank Limited
- 24 Feb 18 2018-02-24
See job description for details
Small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) play a critical role in the economic growth and employment creation of any economy. As an Asia banking specialist with a strong SME banking franchise, our Institutional Banking Group - Enterprise Banking (EB) is committed to supporting SMEs in their growth domestically and in their regional expansion. Backed by a team of product specialists, we are well-positioned to deliver a whole suite of enterprising solutions to support local enterprises at each stage of their business life cycle. Our financial products and services range from cash management services to loan facilities, trade financing, business risk protection instruments and capital market instruments.
We are looking for a Senior Data Analyst who will support our leadership, product, sales and marketing teams with insights gained from analyzing internal and external data. Your primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high quality prediction systems (including automate scoring using machine learning techniques, build recommendation systems, develop internal A/B testing procedures, etc).
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions;
- Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product offers/ bundles, marketing techniques and business strategies;
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques, including enhancements, data processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for building analytic systems and analysis. Extending companyâ€™s data with third party sources of information when needed;
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets;
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize contextual marketing, customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting and other business outcomes;
- Develop company A/B testing framework and test model quality;
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes, including ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner;
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy, including creating automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance.
The ideal candidate is adept at using large data sets to find opportunities for product and process optimization and using models to test the effectiveness of different courses of action. They must have strong experience using a variety of data mining/ data analysis methods, using a variety of data tools, building and implementing models, using/ creating algorithms and creating/ running simulations. They must have a proven ability to drive business results with their data-based insights. They must be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams. The right candidate will have a passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets and working with stakeholders to improve business outcomes.
- Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on product development;
- Experience using statistical computer languages, software, visualization tools (SAS, R, Hadoop, Python, SQL, Qlikview, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets;
- Experience working with and creating data architectures;
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning algorithms and statistical techniques (regression, simulation, clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams;
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
- Weâ€™re looking for someone with 5-7 years of experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models, has a Masterâ€™s or PHD in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or similar quantitative field;
- Experience analyzing data from 3rd party providers: Google Analytics, Site Catalyst, Coremetrics, Adwords, Crimson Hexagon, Facebook Insights, etc;
- Relevant experience in the Banking and Finance industry would be advantageous.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.