AVP / Senior Associate, Storage Engineer, Cloud Engineering and Services, Technology and Operations
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels.
The role is for an experienced and proven storage administrator to implement and support storage operations (SAN and NAS) with its related system services/software in accordance to the business requirement and in compliance with engineering standards and processes. Responsibilities
- Collaborate and work to develop technical solutions, plans and configuration, in response to requirements from Business and Application teams.
- Develop and maintain storage automation codes
- Document storage automation process for upkeep
- Maintain configuration standard and design guideline for storage and system software, covering availability, performance, resilience and monitoring functional areas.
- Provide technical assistance to development team and operation teams.
- Troubleshoot and drive system recovery. Escalate problems with actual or potential major impact to problem management and Technology Services management. Perform root cause analysis and ensure planned actions are carried out to prevent recurrence. Must be proactive and possess a sense of urgency during service recovery
- Maintain and adhere to operation standard and guidelines.
- Ensure the supportability of the firmware and software. Plan and lead upgrade projects where applicable.
- Implement changes accordingly to process and procedure.
- Conduct performance analysis and tuning
- Automate system operation
- Track and drive patch management for all subsystem software. Track, plan and drive software upgrades to ensure continuous supportability.
- Conduct asset management to ensure accuracy and timely updates.
- Adhere to access process and standard, performing regular access review and validation.
- Apply new technology and process to improve system operation, supportability, recoverability, availability and performance.
- Provide operational excellence and skills on storage hardware and software to support various project phases (requirement gathering, design, procurement, implementation and hand-over to operations).
- Support audit and compliance activities.
- Support capacity planning and performance management.
- Maintain Storage Asset inventory currency.
- Support Storage team across Singapore and regional countries
- Work with other teams including Applications support, Change, Incident, Problem, Asset for example
- Experience in development, coding preferred
- Minimum 1-2 years system support experience on enterprise storage platform.
- Member of the storage support team supporting NAS, CAS and SAN
- Coding (Perl/Python/Java Script/Web/CSS) experience.
- Possess knowledge of storage (NAS, CAS and SAN) hardware (Netapp, EMC, HDS) and system services (volume manager, file system, snapshot, replication (SRDF, PPRC), Timefinder, Solution Enabler, multipathing software)
- Information security knowledge
- Data communication and network knowledge
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.