AVP / Senior Associate, Specialist, Infrastructure Engineer - Data Centre, Technology and Operations
Business Function Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels. Job Objective Manage Structured Cabling System installation in the bank. This role will govern the structured cabling installations of IT Mission Critical server rooms in Data centre and remote buildings. Responsibilities
- A member of DC Operations team, main role is to govern structured cabling installations.
- Covers all areas of Structured Cabling System for the bank.
- DC Facilities Management related tasks, including planning and supervising structured cabling installation, cable patching and rack management.
- Manage cabling request and ensure quality Structured Cabling installation through close supervision of cabling installer
- Cable pathway and spaces management including but not limited to space capacity, pathway diversity and redundancy, for inter-room, inter-floor and telco incoming
- Respond to incidents following the standard incident response procedure & track till closure
- Managed relationship with cable manufacturer
- To generate reports to management
- Assist on Data Centre Space Capacity Planning and Provisioning
Apply Now We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.
- Minimum 5 years in cabling design and planning experience in IT Mission Critical server rooms & Data Centre
- Experience supporting & maintaining a medium to large scale enterprise cabling system
- Experience working in a high-pressured environment
- Familiarity with cabling requirements for storage, servers and networking equipment such as routers, switches is a plus.
- DCIM knowledge and usage (CA DCIM preferred)
- Experience with fault isolating and troubleshooting cabling issues.
- Experienced in managing Data Centre vendors, out-sourcing vendors and project execution.
- Knowledge of cabling standard such as TIA-942, TIA-568, TIA-569 & ISO 11801
- Knowledge of Data Centre Facility operation e.g. M&E Infrastructures for Mission Critical IT facilities such as generator, UPS system, HVAC, fire suppression systems and monitoring environments is a plus
- Ability to multi-task and proficient in Microsoft Office applications; Excel & PowerPoint
- Good communication skills
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to work in a team
- Certified Data Centre Professional or Equivalent
- Formal training and certification in Cabling Management & Design