AVP / Senior Associate, Regional Technical Lead (People Tech), Institutional Banking Group Technology, Technology and Operations
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels.
Key Accountabilities Responsible for a multi-disciplinary development and delivery team.
Ensure appropriate methodologies and process to ensure quality of design, development, delivery through to implementation.
Drive a continuous process improvement to ensure effectiveness of application design and build deliveries.
Manage employee applications and projects rollout implemented in various technology platforms.
Define project scope and schedule while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value; organize and lead project status and working meetings; prepare and distribute progress reports; manage risks and issues; correct deviations from plans; and perform delivery planning for assigned projects Assist in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work; leveraging organizational resources to improve capacity for project work; and mentoring and developing team members Support the Product Owner in managing stakeholder expectations for project deliverables, managing stakeholder communications, and helping to implement an effective system of project governance Promote empowerment of the team, ensure that each team member is fully engaged in the project and making a meaningful contribution, and encourage a sustainable pace with high levels of quality delivery for the team Formulate, design and develop software solutions based on business requirements and application roadmap in alignment with architectural direction and standards Ensure that designs are performant, scalable, resilient and align to appropriate recoverability pattern Requirements
- Develop and direct software system design, programming, and documentation
- Provide technical insight into feasibility analysis and may execute proof of concepts
- Responsible for providing technical leadership, mentoring, direction, and training to application development resources
- Responsible for ensuring adherence of all deliverables to appropriate standards and quality levels
- Participate in coding, development or technical support at least 20% or more as needed per project and team
- Prepare technical design options; consult with hardware and software technicians on options and strategies
- Provide insight and feedback as requested to Senior Manager for regular performance review and appraisals for developer resources
- Participate in gathering technical requirements including non-functional requirements per project, system or application
- Provide insight and oversight of the integration of vendor tasks and tracks and reviews vendor deliverables
- Manage projects rollout and implementation as per bank's change management standards and policies.
- Manage post implementation production issues fixes after projects rollout to ensure application stability.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or a related subject
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment
- Prior experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies with enterprise-level application development projects. PMI-ACP, CSM, or equivalent preferred
- Experience overseeing multi-function project teams with at least 10-15 team members including Developers, Business Analysts, and QA Personnel
- More than 10 years of proven working experience in Java or Dot Net development
- More than 3 years of technical lead experience and demonstrated capabilities on full life-cycle experience (including design, development, unit testing, debugging, etc.) in the delivery of a wide variety of enterprise software solutions
- Profound insight of enterprise applications programming internals (Class loading, Memory Management, Transaction management etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies
- Experience in the MVC Framework
- Experience in developing web applications using at least one popular web framework
- Experience in developing JSON, SOAP web service, SCP, Connect Direct, Message Queues
- Experience in JBoss/IIS configuration and setup
- Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, collaborating, and team building
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and IT individuals
- Added advantage to have experience in tools Jenkins, SVN, fisheye and JIRA
- Added advantage to have hands-on experiences in UNIX shell scripting and Linux commands
- Experienced in VC and meeting room collaboration products and tools is a plus point.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.