AVP / Senior Associate, Full Stack Developer (SAILOR), Group Consumer Banking and Big Data Analytics Technology, Technology and Operations
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels.
This person is part of the team that's building financial planning platform to provide lifetime integrated financial experience to customers by raising financial literacy, providing nudges and delivering personalized solutions across the entire banking spectrum.
This person is responsible for developing cutting-edge enterprise applications using Java, SpringBoot, React.
This role will work closely with the financial planning team to develop or enhance features in an agile environment based on requirements from the business team.
This role is a hands-on role that requires a passion to code, test and deliver quality applications within the desired timeframes. Responsibilities
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Build micro-services using SpringBoot, single page application using React and others.
- Implement core practice of Agile, leveraging cloud native architecture pattern using Test Driven Development (TDD), continuous integration/continuous delivery, in an on-premise or public-cloud environment, where everything is automated.
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5-8 years of proven software development experience. Good experience in design and build micro-services.
- Hands on experience in Java multi-threading, distributed architectures.
- Solid experience of Java/J2EE framework such as Spring, Hibernate, etc.
- Knowledge of build tools Maven, Gradle and DevOps environment using tools such as Git (Bitbucket), Continuous Integration (Jenkins) and Continuous Deployment (Fastlane). Working with code quality tools such as Sonar, Fortify or NexusIQ will be advantageous.
- Strong experience in agile methodologies and test-driven development.
- Experiences building microservices with 12 factor app.
- Experiences with PaaS e.g. PCF, OpenShift, and container technology.
- Understand the fundamental design principles behind a scalable application. Ability to build highly re-usable, performance optimized services.
- Able to codes with security and data protection.
- Knowledge of working in an agile environment using tools such as Jira.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.