AVP / Senior Associate, Firewall Engineer, Technology Services, Technology and Operations
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels. Responsibilities
- Administration and management (technical operations) of firewall infrastructure
- Evaluate and upgrade firewall hardware and/or firmware
- Coordinate with vendor, deploy, configure and manage Firewall devices according to system engineering design.
- Coordinate with information security governance team to align IT infrastructure with established standards.
- Ensures system compliance with all established information security policies
- Perform period health check and tuning of firewall devices.
- Performs technical assessment of any non-well defined or complex firewall change requests prior to implementation.
- Performs regular review of firewall rulebases and recommend necessary optimization actions
- Assists Level 1 Support Engineers during problem determination and resolution whenever necessary.
- Planning and recommending overall improvements in firewall management
- Device Access management
- Advanced troubleshooting production problems with RCA and fault diagnosis
- Performance and historical trend analysis
- Implements changes to firewall infrastructure hardware in order to correct errors or enhance functionality
- Develops processes for improving operational efficiencies, as well as identifies/implements automation tools for existing manual processes.
- Prepares technical reports, memoranda, and instructional manuals as documentation of network design and operational requirements.
- Ready to work in shifts including public holidays
- Experience: Minimum 8 years firewall operations and/or management role
- Education: Minimum Bachelor's degree in engineering or science
- Certification : CCSA, CCSE, JNCIA-FWV, JNCIA-SEC, JNCIS-SEC (Preferred but not mandatory CISSP, CISM, ITIL Foundation)
- Checkpoint Firewalls, Juniper Netscreen / SRX Firewalls, VPN Technologies, DNS, NTP, 2 Factor Authentication technologies.
- Strong verbal, written, interpersonal communications in English skills.
- Ability to work independently or as a team player.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.