AVP / Senior Associate, Conversation Designer (UX Writer), Design Standards, Group Design
As the leading bank in Asia, DBS Consumer Banking Group is in a unique position to help our customers realise their dreams and ambitions. As a market leader in the consumer banking business, DBS has a full spectrum of products and services, including deposits, investments, insurance, mortgages, credit cards and personal loans, to help our customers realise their dreams and aspirations at every life stage. Our financial solutions are not only the best in the business - they were made just right for you.
What you'll be doing
You will keep us on our toes. Remind us to look away from the comfort of our screens and back at the reality-where our customers live. You will keep asking, 'Why are we doing this again?'. And not be satisfied with the answer, 'If we build it, they will come.' Responsibilities
- We are a big company with a lot of stakeholders, and we are shifting to agile development. So, whether you need to conduct usability research or workshop with stakeholders to redefine the problem statement, you'll be doing a fair amount of planning and prioritising each week.
- Not everything has to be tested. You will identify when research is required and when best practices are the way to go. And you will help us communicate that to our stakeholders.
- You will do the groundwork: qualitative and quantitative research. We've done some interesting stuff: diary study (we got people to log all their payments and write about each), Ethnography (observe how small merchants are coping with digital payments) and others. In short, we love to experiment and hope you will join in.
- Once you've done the research, you'll create sharp and concise reports full of actionable findings. Your reports will be things of beauty that will inspire your colleagues to truly start seeing through the eyes of our customers.
- UX is an established discipline here at DBS, but we can always use help to evangelise the importance of good UX Research, and how, just because it has the word 'research' in it, it doesn't take months!
- Have 10 years' minimum experience in managing or leading teams
- With breath of research experience working across a wide range of sectors.
- You've had hands-on involvement with an end-to-end research process.
- Passionate about delivering research with impact and is keen to set up faster iterative processes that can yield actionable insights.
- You have a working knowledge of qualitative and quantitative data analyses, usability testing, eye tracking, card sorting, survey evaluation, A/B and multivariate testing and heuristic evaluations.
- You can filter out noise to uncover actionable insights. In our experience, people who are organised, methodical and analytical are very good at this.
- You have working knowledge of data-logging tools such as Morae and Tobii, etc.
- You are an eloquent public speaker and an accomplished report-writer.
- You are an empathic human being with interest in psychology, anthropology, human-computer interaction, cognitive science and business.
- You have experience in the fintech industry.
- You've been a designer yourself (or have some design experience). We find that it really helps when working with designers.
- You are a 'best practice junkie' and have a treasure trove of usability research around the best design pattern to use.
- You're kind of a behavioural science geek.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.