AVP, Wholesale Loans Operations Center, Group Technology & Ops
Posting Date: 10-Jun-2021
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
The Technology and Operations
function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches. Job Responsibilities A. JOB PURPOSE
Responsible for loan operations management and supervision of the Wholesale Banking Operations staff. This includes processing, servicing, accounting, reporting functions, and business unit and customer service. Will design and administer workflow and systems processes and procedures to ensure accurate and timely processing. Leads, trains, and supervises junior operations staff to meet department organizational goals. B. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / ACCOUNTABILITIES Loan Operations
Management Reporting and Support
- Loan accounts opening for new borrowing customers in Multi-Currency Loans (MCL) System
- Loan disbursements, repayments, redemption, rollovers, restructuring and other loans transactions
- Data maintenance of loan accounts.
- Process and effect accounting entries for Deposit/Payments/SWIFT/GL transactions
- Limit implementation for Loans & Limits Exposure System (LES) and the other products systems
- Reconciliations and investigations
- Daily operations in accordance to MAS regulations and Bank policies and procedure
Job Requirements KEY REQUIREMENTS
- Compile and oversee regular and ad-hoc management information for reporting purposes and use in monitoring the operations of loan account setup and transactions processing
- Develop and maintain procedures and manuals for Loan Operations
- Work in partnership with colleagues and stakeholders on operating procedures or system enchancements
- Maintaining proper loan archival records
Be a part of UOB Family
- A degree holder
- Preferable to have at least 5 years' experience in corporate banking loans operations
- Good knowledge of banking practices, operations and procedures.
- A self-starter and problem solver with initiative and a strong drive to achieve qualtiy work
- Strong team player and ability to foster teamwork
- Good oral and written communications skills
- Comfortable in data handling and analysis with Excel
- Proficient in MS Office suite of applications
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.