AVP, Trust Manager, Private Banking, Consumer Banking Group
Help us manage our trustee responsibilities for private trust structures
DBS' Fiduciary Services - Private Trust offers professional trustee services to clients of DBS Private Bank and Treasures Private Clients in the establishment and management of their private trusts. We strive to protect, manage and distribute the trust assets for our clients and their families through generations and to exercise our trustee's responsibilities in the best interests of the beneficiaries. We have a team of dedicated, experienced trust administrators who provide high-quality, timely and professional services to our clients in the management of their private trusts.
As a Trust Manager
with Asia's best bank, you will be administering and managing a portfolio of about 60 bespoke private trust structures. You will partner the Private Trust Operations in the performance and delivery of the trust administration services to the clients. You will also work closely with the relationship managers in DBS Private Bank and Treasures Private Clients who will generally manage the clients' relationship with DBS on a holistic basis. Rigorous and complex, your workday might look like this:
We want efficient customer-driven specialists like you with:
- Review and ensure that the new trust application documents are in order and meet all on-boarding requirements, prior to our acceptance and establishment of new private trust structures and private investment companies.
- Review trust deed, legal and tax opinions to understand the requirements for the proper administration of the complex / customised private trust structures and ensure that the private trust structures are properly administered in compliance with these requirements
- Review asset injections and ensure that the source of funds have been properly verified and satisfy the AML/CFT due diligence requirements.
- Attend to requests for distribution to beneficiaries and ensure proper discharge of our fiduciary duty as a trustee in exercise of discretion to make a distribution and all AML/CFT due diligence requirements are satisfied
- Attend to clients' requests for variations to letter of wishes and preparing the revised letter of wishes
- Attend to clients' requests for change of beneficiaries and preparing the supplemental deeds
- Periodic review of trust records to ensure that they are accurate and up-to-date
- Periodic review of trust structures to ensure that all AML/CFT ongoing monitoring due diligence requirements are satisfied
- Review of annual financial statements for the private trusts and private investment companies prepared by Private Trust Operations to ensure that they are accurate and in order
- Meet clients to conduct trust reviews and to identify if any action needs to be taken to address any change in clients' needs
- Attend to any ad-hoc transaction request from clients in relation to their private trust structures and assets, assess and identify solutions and issues, liaise with professionals (lawyers, accountants, tax agents, etc) to obtain the necessary advice and legal documentation, review contractual documents and financial statements/accounts, follow-up with clients and relationship managers to explain and implement the necessary actions to be taken, and to bring the transaction to satisfactory completion.
- Asses and ensure proper discharge of the trustee's fiduciary duty in the management and administration of the private trust structures.
- Assess and ensure that all legal/regulatory requirements and AML/CFT due diligence requirements are satisfied in relation to the private trust structures.
- Highlight issues, deficiencies, suspicious AML or other non-compliance issues to relevant parties and management
- Keep abreast of legal and regulatory developments that impact on the private trust structures and ensure compliance with all controls and processes
- Coach and guide the junior trust managers and Private Trust Operations officers in the proper discharge of the trustee's fiduciary duty in the management and administration of the private trust structures.
- A bachelor degree (preferably in Accountancy or Law) with at least 8-10 years of working experience in private trust administration area, preferably managing complex / customised private trust structures such as family office, pre-IPO and private trust company structures, and managing non-bankable trust assets such as operating companies and private equity funds.
- Familiarity with legal and regulatory requirements relating to a trustee's responsibilities
- STEP certification in International Trust Management
- The ability to be client centric while balancing business needs and controls
- Excellent interpersonal skills to manage relationships with clients and relationship managers.
- The ability to review contractual documents and financial statements/accounts and assess the impact on the private trust structures
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.