AVP, Trade Finance Operations - Document Checker, Institutional Banking Group Operations, Technology & Operations
Business Function Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels. Responsibilities
- Lead and supervise a team of Trade Finance Doc Checkers, in terms of resource management, training and daily BAU challenges, if any.
- Ensure SOPs and existing / new controls are in place and adhere to by operating teams.
- Review and check Trade Finance application forms and supporting Trade documents for Import, Export and Standby L/C products.
- Review and check Transfer LC application to ensure guidelines are complied with and terms and conditions are as per Export LC
- Review and check LC Confirmation to ensure that terms and conditions are acceptable and workable.
- Identify discrepancies, highlight irregularities and red flag items in documents for approval
- Ensure trade documentations and on-going processes are compliance to UCP rules, ISP 98 rules, Anti-Money Laundering Guidelines, Terrorist Financing & Sanctions Regulations, and other related internal policies.
- Work with and supervise with team members to achieve daily tasks assigned.
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members, external clients and internal stakeholders
Apply Now We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.
- Degree holder with minimum 8 years relevant Trade Finance Document Checking related experience, CDCS-certified would be preferred
- Excellent understanding of UCP rules, ISP 98 rules, Anti-Money Laundering Guidelines, and Terrorist Financing and Sanction Regulations
- Meticulous and detailed oriented with ability to identify opportunities to improve operational efficiency
- Strong leadership capabilities with good interpersonal and communication skills in managing the team and stakeholders
- A team player with capability and perseverance to work effectively under pressure and tight deadline
- Familiar with MS Office applications, such as Outlook, Excel, Words