AVP, Technical Delivery Manager, Core Banking, Group Technology
Posting Date: 09-Jun-2021
Location: Alexandra Road, Singapore, SG
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
The Technology and Operations
function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches. Job Responsibilities
- Ensure oversight and accountability on technical deliverables (internal teams and vendor deliverables) and conformance to quality standards.
- Conduct daily stand ups with team members to review and track issues.
- Provide technical solutions for initiatives ensuring the solution aligns to the overall enterprise architecture and system architecture standards.
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills and technical problem solving skills
- Interact with key stakeholders and project teams to understand the requirements and engineer solutions to meet functional and non-functional requirements
- Be part of defect triage meetings to understand testing issues, track to ensure closure within project timeline.
- Analyze existing technical debts and implement solutions to remove technical debts with zero impact to productions services.
- Adopt a data-oriented approach to analyzing problem trends, identity root cause and hands on to fix it permanently.
- Serve as a technical subject matter expert for Application development and support teams
- Collaborate with L3 and L2 team on Production issues and take lead in bringing together the right resources to troubleshoot and fix critical issues
- Review and manage Production Implementation activities to ensure Production stability.
- Manage and support deployment for releases
- Be the team's SME and primary contact with external vendor's to raise issues and seek solutions
Be a part of UOB Family
- Minimum Degree in Computer Science / Computer Engineering / Information Systems or equivalent.
- More than 8 years of hands-on experience in development of web applications, web services and batch applications using .Net. (C#, MVC, Web API, Entity Framework, HTML 5, Java Script, JQuery, CSS, Bootstrap)
- Prior experience in using design patterns and performance tuning and the following technical skillset:
- Database design: MS SQL Server
- Mddleware technologies - WebSphere MQ
- DevOps and Version control tools like - GitHub
- Code quality, code coverage tools - SonarQube, Fortify etc.Experience in object-oriented design, programming and development of high performant APIs
- Application setup in IIS version 8 or above.
- Ability to produce design and interface specifications.
- Experience in leading design, usage of design patterns and evaluation of third party products, performing POC's
- Basic domain knowledge in core banking and investments
- Experience in managing and performing quality assurance on vendor's technical deliverables and source code reviews
- Should be a good team player comfortable working with multiple stakeholders
- Keen sense of time to deliver and process oriented approach to delivery
- Good communication and organization skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic and multi-cultural environment.
- Able to work independently or in a team to resolve issues and/or identify solutions in a timely manner.
- Stay current with the latest trends, evolving technologies, development methodologies and frameworks
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.