AVP, Team Lead, Structured Trade, Trade Operations Centre, Group Technology & Ops
Posting Date: 09-Apr-2021
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
The Technology and Operations
function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches. Job Responsibilities
Primary responsibility is to assist the Department Head to manage, supervise and approve the department daily trade operations for Singapore and/or Regional Processing Centre. Ensuring that customers' trade transactions are performed in a timely and accurate manner, with the service level agreement, in accordance with regulatory requirements, guidelines and bank's procedures.
Require to support the Regional Processing Centre during Singapore holiday.
• Responsible for operations and transaction processing, with prompt & decisive resolution over exceptions encountered
• Perform pre-processing review of customers' submissions and documentary checks of shipping documents, Back-to-Back/Front-to-back LC matching, Transfer LCs and etc.
• Identify documentary discrepancies, transactional exceptions and/or non-compliance with regulations and inform the Department Head promptly of any unusual or exceptional activities
• Process and approve transactions in Bank's trade processing system
• Assist the Department Head to ensure that regulatory, bank's policies, guidelines, control and compliance requirements are strictly adhered to.
• Ensure areas of non-compliance highlighted by the auditors and compliance officer are followed up promptly and all staff are briefed accordingly to prevent recurrence
• Review new products and requirements with Bank's business and/or support units and setup procedures to operationalize such service delivery to customers. Provide trade technical advice to Relationship Managers and customers when needed
• Efficient and service orientated handling of customers' transactions, customer and business centric, able to drive ops efficiency applying appropriate risk controls where required
• Assist the Department Head on human resource planning, development and staff management and skill improvement to upkeep efficiency within the department
• Review SOP, keeps abreast of business and regulatory developments to ensure up-to-date procedures
• Participate in/Lead Bank's productivity and service related initiatives/projects Job Requirements
• Graduate, preferably in Banking & Finance
• At least 10-12 years of trade operations experience in all areas of international trade, including 3 years in managing an operations.
• Sound knowledge of UCP, ISBP, URC,ISP,URDG.
• Experience in structure trade finance ops advantageous.
• Able to multi-task with strong ops risk awareness, team management skills, analytical and problem solving skills
• Good interpersonal skills, clear and concise in communications
• Strong leadership. Able to both work independently and together with a team
• Ability to speak Cantonese/Mandarin will be an added advantage.
• Require to support the Regional Processing Centre during Singapore Holiday. Be a part of UOB Family
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.