We are one of the largest investment management organizations in the world, with over 1000 people working together to create long-term value.
The Investment Services Private Market and Finance (ISPVMF) Department is responsible for investment services for the private market and financial management across the GIC group. It is responsible for providing operations and reporting support to the private market business of GIC as well as budgeting, accounting, payment processing, cash management, tax and financial & management reporting services to all departments, corporate management companies and the global offices of the GIC group. It is involved in deal structuring and closing, transaction processing, administration and accounting of investment holding companies, review of financial controls for asset operations, cash & securities reconciliation, valuation and financial reporting for assets under management.
We are looking for a suitable candidate to join our Tax team as an Assistant Vice President (AVP) supporting on transfer pricing (TP) and direct tax matters within the Enterprise Tax function. This role will report to the Vice President (VP), Enterprise Tax Lead. Responsibilities
- TP & Direct Tax Support on GIC's business
- Monitors changes in tax laws or administrative practice and analyse implications to GIC with effective communication to the relevant internal stakeholders;
- Manage internal TP policies and implementation, ensure TP documentation requirements are met, including review of TP documentation in accordance to tax laws and regulation;
- Manage direct tax compliance to ensure compliance with tax laws and regulations;
- Manage any audits/ queries, MAP/ APAs, relationship with local tax authorities and working with internal stakeholders and external tax agents;
- Provide tax advisory support in areas of direct tax/related party transactions to ensure tax risks and opportunities are well understood, monitor the quality of final technical advice/opinions, and tax ruling submissions and, if necessary, gets involved to resolve service issues with advisors;
- Manage and co-ordinates direct tax/ TP initiatives/ projects;
- Manage projects to automate direct tax/ TP processes, reporting and analytics; and
- Supports the roll out of training within GIC to increase tax awareness and effectively enable them to understand tax issues relevant to their department.
- Broader cross-functional support
- Supports and operationalize the Enterprise Tax team's work to advance initiatives in areas of Tax Governance and Tax Technology;
- Collaborates with peers in the Tax team to leverage team knowledge and experience;
- Actively participate in process improvements that create efficiencies and support the building of capabilities to meet business needs;
- Contributes knowledge of GIC's direct tax/TP issues in the delivery of tax risk reporting to the Board, management committees, and various internal stakeholders;
- Leads other projects and initiatives for the Enterprise Tax team, as required; and
- Promotes collaboration and issue resolution within and across teams.
- A minimum of 7 years of relevant tax experience, with some cross-border tax experience.
- Demonstrates good writing skills, strong analytical skills, creativity in written presentations materials, and strong oral presentation skills.
- Demonstrates an ability to think broadly about tax information, think through problems strategically, assess a variety of factors, and recommend a pragmatic solution.
- Can adapt to communication styles based upon the audience and has ability to synthase complex technical concepts into plain language for non-specialist audiences.
- Has strong organizational/project management skills and the ability to efficiently progress multiples assignments.
- Has excellent attention to detail and consistently high levels of accuracy.
- Demonstrates personal initiative, strives to innovate and build best practices.
- Good team player and continuous learner in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong end-user computing skills and works well in digitalized environment.