AVP, Support Unit Business Finance, Group Finance
Group Finance aims to deliver world-class standards in reporting, financial planning and finance processes. We provide insights and analyses that help the bank make sound business decisions - whether in the areas of product development or customer profitability. We also provide capital management, business planning, forecasting, and tax and accounting advisory services.
The bank is also a certified Accredited Training Organisation (ATO) for the Singapore Qualification Programme by the Singapore Accountancy Commission and an Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) Approved Employer. SPOT Team
Regional SPOT team managed an annual S$3 Billion expense base and plays a critical controllership role in group Support Units, Platform, Operations & Technology spend. We are in the midst of our transformation journey and looking for like-minded individuals to join the team in making DBS the Best Bank In The World #BBIW Responsibilities
Reporting to the team lead for Support Unit, Management (T&O) and Operations, you will manage the Operations portfolio. As a trusted business partner, you will pro-actively identify business challenges faced by each of the units, propose 'fit for purpose' solutions and provide transparency to key stakeholders.
- Provide timely and accurate monthly financial performance analysis for each support units;
- Perform various analytical functions including analyzing spending, alignment to strategy and operations efficiency;
- Review contracts and outsourcing of services, ensuring alignment to DBS standard;
- Review allocation for respective support units to the businesses;
- Review & Validate SCM submission for support units;
- Participate in strategy planning and 3-year business planning exercise; and
- Any other ad hoc requests.
- Post-Graduate/Bachelor Degree holder in Accounting & Finance;
- At least 6 years business experience, mainly in cost allocation, modelling, business partnering and MIS experience;
- Good grasp of banking operations structure, product and function preferred;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with strong leadership and partnering skills;
- Team player with good interpersonal, communication and problem solving skills;
- Excellent IT skills including Office 365 applications & financial software packages as needed. Experience with Hyperion Smartview will be advantageous;
- Highly organized, meticulous, detailed oriented with a good aptitude for numbers and strong analytical skills; and
- Ability to function independently and effectively in a self-directed environment.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.