We are one of the largest investment management organizations in the world, with over 1000 people working together to create long-term value.
The Technology Group (TG) is a key enabler to keep our business moving forward and is constantly exploiting state-of-the-art information technologies to enhance GIC's ability to be the leading global long-term investment firm. We aim to provide users with empowering and transformational capabilities, and to create an inclusive, innovative and integrated work environment.
This role is embedded in an integrated team that provides technology and data solutions for all Public Markets - External Managers activities. Responsibilities
- You will play a software developer role to help the firm manage and interface with external fund managers who bring extended investment expertise and intelligence to table
- As a person with strong analytical reasoning and conceptual thinking skills, you will use your technology know-how to bring value to the business.
- You will participate in high-value complex projects based on Agile principles and work with an expanded toolset beyond the traditional programming languages, including Python, Tableau, Informatica, while keeping an eye out for emerging technology trends and developments.
- As an excellent team player with a collaborative mind-set, you will work hand-in-hand with various facets of the business across Front, Middle, and Back Office, the extended Technology team in GIC as well as industry peers and partners.
- You will have access to structured and unstructured data and use data analytics to identify areas to enhance business capabilities.
- You will also work alongside experienced professionals and continue to learn.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent.
- Programming experience in object-oriented languages - Java or .NET.
- Working proficiency in SQL and Stored Procedures (MSSQL or Oracle).
- Working knowledge and experience Data Modelling, Data Mart design and ETL tools (Informatica).
- Experience Microsoft BI stack (SSAS, SSIS, SSRS) is preferred.
- Experience with User interface library (e.g. React, Angular etc.), or other data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Power BI) is a plus.
- Strong collaboration skills, able to partner and work effectively across teams and with business stakeholders.
- Good communication skills, able to articulate technology concepts, drive discussions on requirements with stakeholders.