We are one of the largest investment management organizations in the world, with over 1000 people working together to create long-term value.
The Technology Group (TG) is a key enabler to keep our business moving forward and is constantly exploiting state-of-the-art information technologies to enhance GIC's ability to be the leading global long-term investment firm. We aim to provide users with empowering and transformational capabilities, and to create an inclusive, innovative and integrated work environment.
We are hiring an AVP/VP kdb+ developer who can work effectively with the project team continuously enhance GIC's bespoke execution & trading analytics platforms, that enables front office users (portfolio managers, traders, researchers) to perform analysis, develop models and measure trading performance. Responsibilities
Be part of Scrum team that develops and maintains GIC's strategic trading analytics platform.
Role involves close collaboration with
- Engage researchers, traders and portfolio managers in conducting business requirements, analyzing and designing solutions.
- Actively contribute to Agile Scrum continuous delivery practice.
- Develop solution for assigned tasks.
- Conduct peer reviews.
- Conduct System Integration Tests, coordinate with business users on User Acceptance Tests.
- Publish documentation and guides for the use of new or enhanced systems.
- Provide technical support on existing platform on a rotational basis.
- Peer teams in Portfolio Management Technology, Trading Technology and Treasury Technology, located in Singapore, London and New York.
- Peer teams within GIC on multidiscipline projects and front-office and back-office initiatives.
- Solution Providers, Data Vendors and Financial Institutions for new business requirements and day-to-day BAU correspondences.
- 5 to 9 years of relevant experience in financial markets, doing development, business and system analysis and/or implementation of front office trading applications and solutions.
- At least 3 years in developing in kdb+ or equivalent.
- Bachelor's or equivalent degree in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) related discipline.
- Knowledge in Execution Services or Transaction Cost Analysis in at least 1 of the following products: Equity / Futures and Options / FX / Bonds / Derivatives.
- Experience in developing in 2 or more of the following:
- C and/or C++,
- Java and/or C#,
- UNIX/Linux shell scripting languages,
- Python and/or R.
- Hands on experience in developing technology solutions, and software testing and production support.
- Experience in FIX messaging a plus