AVP, Senior Development Engineer, Group Consumer Banking and Big Data Analytics Technology, Technology and Operations
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels.
- Technical Competency: Contribute towards development activities as an individual or be part of the team for successful project delivery
- In-house capability: Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by following good practices and habits while delivering solutions on-time and on-budget.
- Learning: Should be able to deliver consistent results and scale on new technologies faster.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Build micro-services using SpringBoot, single page application using React and others.
- Implement core practice of Agile, leveraging cloud native architecture pattern using Test Driven Development (TDD), continuous integration/continuous delivery, in an on-premise or public-cloud environment, where everything is automated.
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Lead teams of developers, mentor the team via pair programming and coaching. Instill and engineering culture within the team
- A graduate in computers or Engineering from a reputed university.
- 5-8 years of proven software development experience. Good experience in design and build micro-services.
- Hands on Java multi-threading, distributed architectures.
- Solid hands on experience of Java/J2EE and framework such as Spring, Hibernate, etc.
- Knowledge of build tools Maven, Gradle and DevOps environment using tools such as Git (Bitbucket), Continuous Integration (Jenkins) and Continuous Deployment (Fastlane). Working with code quality tools such as Sonar, Fortify or NexusIQ will be advantageous.
- Strong experience in agile methodologies and test-driven development.
- Experiences building microservices with 12 factor app.
- Experiences with PaaS e.g. PCF, Openshift, and container technology.
- Understand the fundamental design principles behind a scalable application. Ability to build highly re-usable, performance optimized services.
- Codes with security and data protection.
- Knowledge of working in an agile environment using tools such as Jira.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.