AVP, Senior DevOps Engineer, Cloud Engineering & Services, Technology & Operations
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels. Job Role
Cloud Engineering and Services is a diverse team focused on modernizing DBS' technology delivery methods and platforms to enable the bank to compete in the Digital Economy on Cloud. Our vision is to enable teams to deliver concept to cash in record time, with no customer disruption and no operations. Inspired by the GAFA and Fintech companies, as well as other emerging technologies, we develop enterprise grade solutions for consumption by business and technology units. Responsibilities
- Develops software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
- Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
- Improves operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Provides information by collecting, analysing, and summarizing development and service issues.
- Accomplishes engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Supports and develops software engineers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities
- 3-5 years of experience in object-oriented development
- Working knowledge on Ruby/Python/PERL development skills with strengths in object-orientation, modularization and pattern-based development
- Experience in Puppet development and Puppet Automation
- Solid shell scripting in UNIX
- Databases - Oracle/MariaDB
- Good working knowledge on protocols for integration including SSH, HTTPS, SSL and SOAP.
- Good working knowledge on Elasticsearch stack deployment
- Good working knowledge on Software Development Lifecycle and has experience using tools such as GIT, SVN, Jenkins, Bamboo, JIRA, etc
- Good working knowledge on API (SOAP XML / RESTful JSON)
- Experience on Solaris, Linux and AIX OS operations
- Excellent troubleshooting, diagnostic & analytical skills.
- Knowledge on Agile methodology
- Strong initiative and sense of ownership.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.