AVP, Process Assurance Analyst, Change & Process Management, Group Technology
Posting Date: 07-Sep-2020
Location: Alexandra Road, Singapore, SG
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
The Technology and Operations
function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches. Job Responsibilities
The SDM Process Assurance Team is part of the Change & Process Mgmt team in Group Banking Technology (GBT) working closely with Project Management and Application Delivery teams to ensure process compliance to System Development Methodology (SDM) process. SDM is the Bank's SDLC process and project management methodology.
The team acts as an internal SME and guide for the SDM process and ensures that Projects meet major milestones, entry/exit criteria and applicable deliverables in each phase of a project lifecycle. The team is also responsible to review the timeliness and quality of the project artefacts and deliverables such as functional & design specification, testing and deployment related documents.
The successful candidate will be working with Project Managers and Technology Delivery Managers to ensure high quality of deliverables. The role will be responsible for managing end to end process assurance reviews of 5 to 10 projects simultaneously along with other responsibilities as detailed below.
- Independently manage the end to end review of assigned projects based on the established process
- Work closely with Project Managers, Technology Delivery Managers and other key project stakeholders to guide the project on best practises and SDM compliance
- Create/update recurring Process Assurance review reports and dashboards for project stakeholders, management and key collaborators
- Ensure that Process Assurance reviews and subsequent reports for various assigned projects meet required timelines
- Work closely with the Process Assurance lead to drive process improvement and enhance operational efficiencies within the team
- Ideate and drive innovative and engaging solutions to increase SDM Process awareness, adoption and best practise utilisation
Be a part of UOB Family
- Degree in computer science/engineering or related disciplines
- At least 4 years of relevant experience in SDLC Process (Waterfall/Agile/Hybrid) design, re-engineering or assurance.
- Overall 8-12 years of experience in IT Project Management or other IT domains
- Prior experience in SDLC Process Assurance as an analyst will be an advantage
- Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal and organization skills a must, as this role will interact with different levels of Project Management team, Department Heads, Delivery Heads etc.
- Intermediate/advanced skills on MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), MS Visio, MS Project and SharePoint
- Extremely detail orientated with the ability to multitask, prioritise and remain calm under pressure
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision and have a hands on approach to task delivery
Apply now and make a difference.