We are one of the largest investment management organizations in the world, with over 1000 people working together to create long-term value.
Investment Services Private Market and Finance Department
The Investment Services Private Market and Finance Department is responsible for investment services for the private market and financial management across the GIC group. It is responsible for providing operations and reporting support to the private market business of GIC as well as budgeting, accounting, payment processing, cash management, tax and financial & management reporting services to all departments, corporate management companies and the global offices of the GIC group. It is involved in deal structuring and closing, transaction processing, administration and accounting of investment holding companies, review of financial controls for asset operations, cash & securities reconciliation, valuation and financial reporting for assets under management, and external debt financing.
We are looking for a suitable candidate to join our Finance & Accounting team as an Assistant Vice President (Private Markets Operations). Responsibilities
- Design and enhance structures, systems and processes to support a data driven operations team and enhance business decision making capability.
- These include:
- Understanding and creation of data and analytical models to drive data collection and analysis;
- Working with stakeholders to identify data requirements and problem statements;
- Using programming and end user automation to drive process automation and optimization;
- Creating automation tools to detect anomalies and errors in operational processing and reporting; and
- Analysing data patterns to identify business insights;
- Developing visualisation in the form of reports and/or dashboard to report and communicate analysis and insights.
- Continuously improve processes and strategies by exploring and evaluating new data sources, tools, and capabilities.
- Bachelor's in accounting, Finance, Business, Mathematics, Data Science or relevant disciplines.
- Minimum 4 years relevant work experience, preferably in the finance or private equity industry.
- Committed and motivated individual who is meticulous and enjoys working in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Excellent project and time management skills to drive multiple workstreams.
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to work with large volume of data.
- Experienced in using advanced Microsoft Excel modules such as Power Query, VBA and programming language (e.g. Python, R) in data management and process/report automation.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and data visualization software e.g. Tableau.