AVP, Network Infrastructure Engineer, Cloud Engineering & Services, Technology & Operations
Business Function Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels. Job Description This role will be responsible for the administration and installation of a large multi-site backup environment running UNIX and Windows servers. The incumbent will be installing, configuring and maintaining backup clients and servers attached to Tape/disk subsystems. The engineer is also expected to provide 24/7 support on shift independently.
- Installing, configuring, supporting and maintaining enterprise backups (IBM Spectrum Protect (TSM), NetBackup) in a large heterogeneous data centre environment.
- Supporting high volume production support environment.
- Configuring fibre-based tape and disk environments consisting of IBM tape libraries and tape devices, EMC Data Domains infrastructure.
- Configuring Data workload SQL/Oracle/VMware backups and troubleshoot backup failures with defined SLA.
- Using REST API's to automate dashboards and day to day operations.
- Supporting and troubleshooting for SQL/RMAN/Exchange/VMware backups.
- Backup and DR recovery technologies and techniques encompassing architecture, design implementation and support functions.
- In depth knowledge of IBM Spectrum Protect v7.x/8.x and IBM Spectrum Protect Replication, Container and Cloud Storage pools
- In depth knowledge of NetBackup administrator and client setup
- In depth knowledge of SQL/Oracle/VMware backup and restore
- Basic knowledge of Aix/Solaris/Windows and Linux System administration
- Basic knowledge on Object storage (ICS/Centera/ECS) administration
- Strong knowledge in scripting (Shell/Batch/Power Shell/REST API)
- Strong knowledge on Linux and windows operating system for managing enterprise backup servers.
- Good understanding of networking protocols
- Ability to handle escalation for backup failures and taking appropriate steps.
- Demonstrated ability to provide technical recommendations on backup architecture.
- Experience in banking environment is an advantage
- Minimum 4-5 years of experience in backup and recovery
- Understanding of the ITIL disciplines within a service environment
- Able to provide 24/7 support on shift
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.