Job Purpose You will be part of a team to drive and implement the Compliance Risk Management Framework and compliance requirements for all GE entities within the Group, by effectively supporting the business units in their duty to comply with relevant laws and regulations.
- Responsible for the planning and execution of the annual compliance examination program in accordance with the requirements set forth in the Group Regulatory Compliance Guidelines;
- Prepare the relevant compliance examination reports to the relevant stakeholders;
- Working closely with the respective business units to ensure adequate action plans are taken to remediate the identified non-compliance issues within the agreed timeline;
- Follow up on the progress of the remediation activities and prepare regular updates on the status of these remediation activities to relevant stakeholders;
- Update / enhance the risk based approach assessment methodology for compliance assurance / examination where required;
- Assist in the consolidation of the annual compliance examination plan for all GE entities for Group Chief Risk Officer’s endorsement;
- Regular review of policies, framework and procedures for Group Regulatory Compliance;
- Checking for new/revised core regulations and dissemination to the business units for Singapore entities;
- Carry out ad-hoc tasks/projects as requested by the immediate Supervisor and/or Head of Group Compliance;
- Take accountability in considering business and regulatory compliance risks and takes appropriate steps to mitigate the risks;
- Maintain awareness of industry trends on regulatory compliance, emerging threats and appropriate steps to mitigate the risks; and
- Highlight any potential concerns/risks and proactively shares best risk management practices.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting/Business Studies/Finance/Insurance or any other related fields;
- Minimum 5-8 years working experience in the area of compliance, internal audit or risk management in the financial services industries, preferably from the insurance industry;
- Strong knowledge of MAS notices and other regulatory requirements affecting the insurance industry;
- Able to exercise good judgement;
- Self-starter and able to work independently;
- Strong analytical, creative problem solving and good writing skills;
- Able to handle difficult situations and adaptability to fast-pace environment;
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to reach out to all levels within the organization;
- Team player and committed and able to work under pressure and meet timeline;
- Resourceful and information seeker with a concern for order and quality;
- High level of integrity, takes accountability of work and good attitude over teamwork; and
- Takes initiative to improve current state of things and adaptable to embrace new changes.
To all recruitment agencies: Great Eastern does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our email or our employees. We will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.