AVP, Excellence and Efficiency Specialist Strategic Sourcing & Procurement, GTO
- Permanent, Full time
- United Overseas Bank
- 14 Dec 17
AVP, Excellence and Efficiency Specialist Strategic Sourcing & Procurement, GTOJob Objectives
The Excellence and Efficiency Specialist will work in close collaboration with each team within the Strategic Sourcing and Procurement function to define, enhance, document and implement Strategic Sourcing and Procurement standards in terms of processes, interfaces to other processes, key procedures, data and systems used to support the process.
An important aspect of this role is to identify efficiency opportunities from an end-to-end perspective and drive standardised procurement processes that deliver holistic value across GTO. This role will also be responsible for executing GTO process improvement and providing visibility and actionable status information to management.
• Define, document, enhance and implement UOB Group Technology and Operations (GTO) Strategic Sourcing and Procurement standards from source to contract and procure to pay.
• Establish and maintain centralized processes, repositories, templates and tools.
• Proactively drive continuous improvement activities.
• Identify and design process and/or system improvement opportunities through process reviews.
• Lead program management and implementation. Ensure programme is delivered on time and on target.
• Conduct data analysis and present the analysis in a meaning manner.
• Work closely with overseas subsidiaries and branches to
o implement processes, key procedures, data and systems
o execute performance improvement activities
• Establish meaningful key performance indicators (KPI) and reporting metrics to reflect performance status.
• Drive process education of SSP processes within GTO group-wide.
• Degree from any recognised University or recognised establishment (Business, Finance, Engineering or accounting will be beneficial)
• Professional certifications in the field of Sourcing/Procurement/Supply Chain (e.g. CIPS, CPPM, CPM) are advantageous
Experience and Skills
• Minimum 7 years of relevant working experience in process development improvement and project management. Experience in procurement environment will be advantageous.
• Excellent communication (written, verbal) and interpersonal skills to positively influence people to make the appropriate decisions and resolve conflicts effectively.
• Performance-driven balanced with proven success of working effectively in a cross-functional team in an international environment.
• Process-oriented and possesses a strategic mindset with the ability to have a holistic view.
• Ability to deliver and articulate a presentation confidently and effectively to a wider project committee and management.
• Experience in formulating KPIs and reporting performance metrics is useful.
• Relevant experience in the financial services industry.
• Strong project management experience.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Highly empathetic and able to vary styles of interaction to match the needs of a variety of audiences and personalities.
• Management experience in a matrix organization in an international environment
• Knowledge and experience in working with e-sourcing tools and systems is an advantage.
• Familiarity with the use of tools and systems e.g SAP, MS Projects, Qlik, Power BI and other tools to monitor portfolio activities and analyze portfolio performance.