AVP, Data Scientist (Risk), Middle Office Technology, Technology and Operations
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels. Overview
At DBS, we see ourselves as a 22,000 people start-up, leveraging on the latest innovation to design and develop technology solutions for our customers and people. We put digital priorities at the heart of banking, designing and creating products and services to help our customers. Digital innovation pervades every part of the bank. With a strong culture of innovation, experimenting with new technology and collaboration with the FinTech community, we aim to simplify banking so we can help others Live More, Bank Less.
We're looking for technologists across varying levels to be part of a major transformation programme to reimagine banking.
Based in Singapore, you'll be leveraging the latest technology to develop mission critical applications from scratch. You'll design, develop, test and deploy new applications as part of the strategic transformation programme, using Agile, cloud technologies, microservices and Big Data. Responsibilities
- Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques
- Data mining using state-of-the-art methods
- Extending company's data with third party sources of information when needed
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- Creating automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance
- A Master's degree in Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
- 4 to 9 years of development experience with machine learning.
- Hands-on experience in analysis, design, coding, and implementation of complex, custom-built applications.
- Development experience in R/ Python
- Development experience in Microservices architecture
- Familiarity with relational databases, preferably MySQL, NoSQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL or SQL Server
- Experience working with, or an interest in Agile Methodologies, such as Extreme Programming (XP) and Scrum
- Knowledge of software best practices, like Test-Driven Development (TDD) and Continuous Integration (CI).
- Additional experience on developing service based application
- Excellent analytical skills; Proficient in MS Office and able to produce board-level documentation
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter who sets and meets challenging personal targets;
- Understanding of current technologies employed by Tier 1 Investment Banking Institutions
- Must be a team player
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.