AVP, DBS Vickers Compliance Officer, Group Compliance
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- DBS Bank Limited
- 25 Apr 18 2018-04-25
See job description for details
Group Legal, Compliance & Secretariat ensures that the bank's interests are protected by zealously guarding and enhancing its reputation and capital. We also work to maintain a good standing with all our regulators, customers, and business partners. Because we believe that at the heart of business banking is to uphold the values of trust and integrity for all our stakeholders.
- Conduct testing of key regulatory obligations.
- Review marketing materials to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and internal compliance policies and standards.
- Review new products/services, new business initiatives, and licensing requirements.
- Provide responsive, sound, coherent and consistent compliance advice, interpretation and recommendations on regulations, policies, products and business initiatives; clarify and resolve uncertainties in rules and regulations affecting business transactions and practices.
- Establish, review and update internal rules, policies and guidelines to meet best practice regulatory and industry standards.
- Liaise and resolve with regulators on any regulatory concerns, and co-ordinate regulatory inspections.
- Coordinate with central compliance team on developing and implementing training standards, courses and coverage.
- Assist and support other members of Compliance staff where required.
- Degree or professional qualification in accounting, business, law or related field.
- Minimum 5 yearsâ€™ experience in compliance/audit in financial services industry.
- Knowledge of Securities and Futures Act, Financial Advisors Act, SGX requirements, banking and financial services laws and regulations, securities and futures practices, compliance best practices and understanding of financial products and systems.
- Good communication skills with ability to clearly and diplomatically articulate issues, solutions and rationales.
- High degree of judgement and good problem-solving skills; result-oriented to ensure sound implementation of control and compliance processes/procedures.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.